illset's sketchbook
Wanted to get a sketchbook going! Still trying to learn Photoshop and the tablet. Been trying to setup preferences based on many different artist out there but I think that is something I need to do over time. I don't think my color is matching my monitor correctly? I am not sure how to check and I have been messing around with it for over a week. But wanted to start doing this. I spend at least 4 hours a day at work watching videos and such and I just need to buckle down and start going.

Today I wanted to do a skull to see where I am at personally and to get more comfortable with Photoshop as a whole. I know color is something I need to do a study on but I think I may just keep with the basics for now. If this was oil is would have been one muddy mess.
[Image: Ekknylm.jpg]
Started reading through Andrew Loomis. I can tell this will be painful but great in the long run.

[Image: 9XY1hr6.jpg]

Got tired of Loomis did a sketch before bed.

[Image: pxbSIZb.jpg]

[Image: 8VGQLnl.jpg]

I really have no idea what I am doing...
[Image: CY6i1Js.jpg]

[Image: TXmoeKp.jpg]

Nice job so far illset. The colors for the skull look fine to me. Do some research on monitor calibration if you're having troubles with the colors not looking right. I like the variety in tones and the texture of it.

(08-12-2013, 04:35 AM)MonoOrder Wrote: Nice job so far illset. The colors for the skull look fine to me. Do some research on monitor calibration if you're having troubles with the colors not looking right. I like the variety in tones and the texture of it.

Thanks! Yeah, I installed Samsung's MajicTune and it seemed to do the trick.

Work in Progress.

[Image: DopOERz.jpg]