Small deaths for a better living
Hi everyone.
what i can say about me. i m the most motivated guy when it comes about setting unrealistic goals . Sadly when things are moving my emotional disorders makes me feel like scrap and i have to give up to rebuild my lack of confidence or self esteem. I dunno what it is exactly but it sucks.Also this past year was the most terrible year i spent , ever. no kidding.

I need to fight back to change my life definitively.
I do not want to feel like i did anymore.

Here i will set smaller and more realistic goals and trying to find balance in my life. Some could look a little bit awkward for some of you , please don't judge me :) i m just trying to help myself to become a better artist and person. thanks !

First death 09th september 2013

The 10th i moving back to Montreal so things will change a little bit for me.

My artistic wannabe life

*Focusing on zbrush
-Being able to make a mech in Zbrush , portfolio piece during this period
-follow any tutorials for noob can find on digital tutors

*Keeping a basic routine for my 2D skills
-still life studies or movie/ ref to keep practising
but right now 2D skills are secondary

At least 5hrs of deliberate Z practice / day averagely until the deathline.

My (inexistant) social life

*Becoming more social and feel less lonely and less like a poor lost baby
-Participate at least once or two hangouts or any live event with others artists
(I am very shy so it's kind of hard to meet new people without knowing them )
-Quit completely Facebook for this period time ( fb makes me depressed since i have no real life contact at this time of my life)
-becoming a little bit more active instead in forums or online communities to make more contacts world wide

-Updating my french blog http://croquis-vif.com/ about sketching to keep it active every week. Trying to be helpful to others

My "professional" life

*Finishing any projects I m working on
- Concept for an independent movie
-Storyboarding for a friend project
-Lecture preparation for VFX for international festival ( im a guest..)
-Sending résumé + CV to every VFX compagnies in Montreal
-Re contacting at least once , the compagnies i have already sent something to make a followthrough.
- Make another demo or any interesting updates to keep them interested. (my zbrush piece for example or environnement painting )

*starting again my workout

*focus on basic workout to prepare my coming back into "my gymnast career "

-core exercices or basic lifting at least 4 times / week
-Keep running 2 time / week
-Keeping doing my daily morning routine
light stretches +100 pushups (25*4) when i wake up to discipline my lazy ass

My others to do list
- read at least 10 minutes self help or other inspiring books
- keep smiling inside
- express everyday my gratitude for what i have already obtain
- Be more present here and now.
- being as proactive as I can
- meditate once a day
- quality over quantity
- Be positive :)

The period is about 5 weeks but for me it's great because i can't manage longer deadline...I have some big trouble to keep motivated in a long term. i don't know it's hard for me to keep my concentration all along.

So it's more about preparation and getting back in business before radical changing.
i want to change physically too but right now it's not the good time :p
i think there is an offset between how i look like , my lifestyle and who I am. I deeply convinced if i change these certain aspects of my life, my art will be better, more fluid and less hesitant.

If i manage to learn zbrush and make a porfolio piece, increase my health level , bulk muscles a little bit and interact with more people during this period of time, i will be happy :).

thanks !