Help on focal point and leather, pls!

Hi, thanks for taking a look at my thread. I need some help with my focal point. My intention is to draw the viewer's eyes to Black Cat's upper body (from hair, to the tip of her furry elbows and comic book) and some minor focus on her thigh to boots. Now, I'm not so sure that I captured the prefect possible lighting to these points so I would like for some of your thought on them. Also, tips on leather! I'm very new to painting that material and - from references - leather have different types of surfaces (some glossier than others). Any other critiques are welcomed.

In case those outlines are in the way

Okay, back from vacation. Feeling fresh and all now. I'm feeling her legs are a little flat (could be the outlines) and, overall, I feel the fur needs a bit of texture, and I'm changing the direction of her lower foot. I feel like there is something subtle that I'm not picking up on.

I think you manage to bring the eye to her upper body (since t's the most contrasted area) , if you will be done with the face it'll definitely help, thats the first thing everybody looks on basically any painting..

Yeah, I'm about to do some face studies right now. Just hope my Intous3 comes thru the mail in time. Thanks for your input.
Looking great, chest does appear to be the most drawing area due to contrast now, from my expeiance with the character her leather is almost pleather with sheen, very very sharp highlight but really its up to your interptretation. Id also suggest putting in some very very small pinches in the material where her leg is brought up, but generally leather has a very sharp and strong highlight.

Initially I had the I idea to go with a material with strong highlights like vinyl fabric, but I had a bit of a problem illustrating that onto my other piece. This one (This post might set her at the bottom):

I thought it would be easier for me to try out some pleather material. I just noticed now that the sheen doesnt really ride above the thigh. Just mostly on the upper side, but not directly on top like mines.
[Image: 370f8_m_950_600_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_84b4b36632...ae2757.jpg]

Thanks for your advice. I will add some pinches and hopefully I dont botch them, making them look like white scratch marks or something hehe. I really want to make these corrections but I have to wait 2-3 weeks for a new tablet.

Attached Files Image(s)