Johnscj's Sketchbook
great studies!!

Front End Developer by day but an Artist by Night
"Artists help artists"
My Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Youtube Lets Learn 3D
Hey john, great sketchbook. Glad to see another fan of Hampton posting plenty of anatomy studies :D You're off to a great start

@nufftalon: Thank you !!
@chromaTinker : Thanks man!!Thumbs_up

Here's a sketch and some values underneath to get me started. I decided I would do a sketch and value version with the knowledge I have right now to get the thing going and then I'm going to do figure studies, bears, trees studies, etc.. and go back to it and apply what I learned to the sketch and the values. I hope I see some improvement Nervous smile, ahehe

Those landscape and Hampton studies are pretty sexy man! :)
Sounds like you have a strong plan to continue on the last sketch. Keep at it!

@ Eraiasu : Thanks! :)

Some stuff i didn't upload last month

Hey guys, long time no see !

Had to put art to the side for a few years. Got myself into a completely unrelated college degree and now that I'm one month away from graduating and had a taste of the professional world of programming I though that maybe I don't want to do this for the rest of my life after all and so... The drive has come back and so has the time... So I'm here again looking to improve with y'all  Wink

Some new faces around here and some have left, but we're all heading the same way  Sun 

Ever since the 9th of September of this year I said to myself that I would draw everyday, and since then I haven't skipped a beat! Lets see for how long I can keep it going.

I'm gonna dump some stuff that I did in 2013-2014 first, that I didnt post here at the time. And then comes the new stuff. 

September 9th - onward

I really liked doing the 1 min gesture drawings... Really gets me to think about proportion, structure and line economy.
They're from Croquis Cafe Youtube channel latest video (Croquis Cafe Heads Up! (collection of facial expressions for drawing))

p.s: that 10 min gesture is so bad it hurts

More gestures... I'm not liking the approach to them, I'll probably study some Vilppu... And not like the last time, I will actually study and apply it and not just copy haha
And I'll do them in pen from now on :)

Some Sargent studies on pen and trying to apply the lighting, obviously its horrible.

Anyone got any tips on getting better at pen rendering? I think a little more patience might go a long way...