Rye's Sketchbooku
Hello! I'm Rye and here I'll be posting my studies and finished pictures. I won't post all that frequently because I just started school but I will do my best! Please give me all the critique you've got.

And two 15 minutes each studies from today (from photos).

[Image: Djn2iWJ.png]

[Image: eKKF7e6.png]
A 15~20 minute head study. I should do more of these because I tend to forget my anatomy pretty quickly (which is not good at all yay).

[Image: XGcaD9S.png]
Hey Rye! Thanks for your feedback! I was wondering what was off with her face, after a while you get really blind to some mistakes. Thanks for pointing out what it was =)!

Good start to the sketchbook, and all of them made so quickly?! Wow, nice man!
Don't forget to do really long studies though! Especially the last one should be a longer one I think. It seems like a sculpture? And with those you can learn so much about value and form, and I think if you take your time to go further with the study you will learn a lot more. So far it looks a bit flat, so really take your time understanding forms here to make it look more 3-dimensional.

A tip: ask a lot of questions whilst doing a study. Why does the light bounce of the tip of the nose, but not from xy? There are no outlines in real life, so how does the light and shadow trick me into thinking it has this certain shape? (Especially noticable on ears! Shapy bastards.)

Speaking of ---- I suggest the books James Gurney's Light and Color oooor Loomis' Drawing figure for all it's worth for Values / understanding how Values make up a form. Those books helped me a lot!

Hope this helps =)

Aaah thank you so much Felidarc! I've got Gurney's book and I will make sure to go over it. I will also try to make longer studies (which I usually run away from).

I really suck at backgrounds so today was bgs days
~45 min
[Image: QFwUrPq.png]
~25 min
[Image: LkhYCYH.png]
~45 min
[Image: BGr4RTR.png]

I was going more for colours this time but yeah I need to do A LOT more.
today's study

[Image: JZOn4La.png]
Like the colorful studies.

Thanks crackedskull, I plan to do more of them in the future!

And today's study is of a Rembrandt's painting (which I ruined lololol)
[Image: SSmsRzP.png]
Now that I look at her, her eyes are quite off, but I'm too tired to fix them now. Off to the next study.
And after a lot of technical problems comes and today's study. I really wanted to polish it, but I'm very tired and I;m going to make myself some tea.

[Image: Jlu7MeA.png]
Today's study.
[Image: fzMrJKR.png]

I seem to have a big problem with eyes and I should totally work on that. Also I am truly too tired to paint her dress and to finish her half-assed necklace ;w; (ron swanson woundn't approve)
an ic study I did today

[Image: bNH9CUg.png]
no studies yesterday, but some anime fanart

[Image: UVx2j6m.png]

I guess I should work more on hair rendering in the near future welp
I finally started doing some portfolio work and these are some thumbnails for a pic of Morrigan I'm gonna do.

[Image: a5rf986.png]

[Image: MWVQsUf.png]

I think I will go with the first one.
aah I procrastinated horribly the last couple of weeks so I'm rusty but time to get in shape.
A study a day keeps the artblock away (so poetic).
[Image: ZpsjwYy.png]
Dat apple <3 Keep on doing your studies man. I'd love to see stuff from imagination too. Anyway, thanks for dropping by. Lots of love! :)
aah thank you Othrandir! I will try to draw more stuff from imagination.

today's things
an ic study (which didn't really turn out that well but welp)
[Image: getlPKK.png]

[Image: rU5dFPJ.png]
derp derp
an ic study from last night and a warm-up thing??

[Image: XbQgNhL.png]

[Image: bNUqjnZ.png]
I'm really bad at positioning people in perspective so yeah.
some Dragon Age fanart I've been drawing recently:

Isabella
[Image: 2HaHtj4.png]

The Arishok
[Image: QQjLZ6F.png]

Varric
[Image: 5GiGfHP.png]

and a friend's warden
[Image: ePCIKEC.png]
Felt inspired and decided to do a study to remind myself how much I suck at environments. So more of them in the future!
[Image: Xxl92rH.png]
I haven't updated here in a while, time to get it together and actually study, I guess.

Some quick bg studies because I didn't have much time (I hope I will do more and for a longer time today, because I have more time)

[Image: SYYVfP8.png]

[Image: xR8fOxM.png]
It's been a while, I figured it's time to actually start drawing and studying seriously. Today's portrait study wasn't a very good start but baby steps.

[Image: TK6iwBS.png]
here's the original:
http://i.imgur.com/jvHXa5h.jpg