A wolf book. (Plz Critique! :D)

I see a heavy use of blacks in your paintings. Not necessarily bad if you're going for a comic book style which is what I'm sensing from you but my biggest critique/worry is that all I see is animal people. I would challenge you to branch out more into different drawing styles and subjects as it will help you further your painting technique and you won't be pegged as "Only the furry" guy.

On a more positive note I can see that you're understanding of form is fairly well developed and you enjoy making dynamic poses. Which is a great thing to have.

So anyway, continue on and challenge yourself more with different subjects, maybe some self portraits or still life will be good. Not knocking you for doing Furry stuff but just doing furry stuff will get you stuck I'm afraid.

I have been meaning to branch out but I'm having such an impossible time stabilizing furry art as it is :(. I have a huge inconsistancy with line art to where it effects my digital paintings horridly, but that being said. I think maybe I could branch out to people and try and see how it turns out. :) Thank you!

AAaaand the images broke.
Did some work with a maniquin dummy we have in the art class.

A lighting of orange and blue I wanted to try, last night.

Attached Files Image(s)

Well if that's the case I don't think you should focus on furry art at the moment then. Focus on traditional drawing and line work and just apply it to your furry style later. Do more anatomy and animal studies and such. You can always branch out to furry later and you may find that you enjoy something else more than Furry.

If you want to work on your line quality a bit more I can suggest Scott Robertson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0zl5NnEAyU

The rest of his channel is also awesome.

(09-26-2013, 02:45 AM)RealityFix Wrote: Well if that's the case I don't think you should focus on furry art at the moment then. Focus on traditional drawing and line work and just apply it to your furry style later. Do more anatomy and animal studies and such. You can always branch out to furry later and you may find that you enjoy something else more than Furry.

If you want to work on your line quality a bit more I can suggest Scott Robertson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0zl5NnEAyU

The rest of his channel is also awesome.

Thats a really good and informative video! O.O Thank you!

I know I need to expand my views but the thing is, I really do like Furry work. I know, I know I need to focus on stronger stuff that helps with linework and the like but...I dunno it's just my thing y'know? That being said, I think you're right...that I do need to work less furry, more structure...Structure-y?