Undead Viking
Hello, the idea for this piece is to look semi-cartoonish but serious in design and idea as a whole. Something like a ... Diablo 2 atmosphere but cartoonish ;D I did it for a contest, the topic was only *viking*, the interpretation is my own.
Given these descriptions, what do you think about it :?
Please, since design is a very important part for me feel free to critique that as well, nobody ever feels like giving critique about design which I personally don`t understand why...

[Image: file.php?id=8375]
ok hum it look to clean destroy the tissue add on everything dirt also the arm should be covered by something since they are from nordic place(if it was winter when he die).The weapon choose is kinda strange(axe,lance ore sword).
This just suggestion this no rule.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Try toning your background maybe something to indicate environment. The white on white on white is a little harsh on the eyes. I agree the weapon choice is a little strange, having two spears is pretty useless as you lose a lot of control and maneuverability with both, and how is he holding them with what looks like a shield on his back? You have two spots of decaying armor, why does the rest look so clean and new? Understandably the style is a little limiting in that regard but you could still push it. The design is getting there you just need to keep thinking out the details.
Noted!
Yes, about the decaying armor + shiny armor combination is really a mistake, it came as a result from my first intentions about him having a full armor but I wanted to show some contrast and interesting elements around his chest so I ripped a part and showed his ribs...
I just love double short spear fighting and I thought that with this flipped V stance they`d sit cool. They show agility and manouverability, while an axe and a mace would make him your ordinary undead designed to be demolished by the hero ;D
About the arm being covered by something, well, yes, indeed it has to be but if we look at other arts for vikings and barbarians we`ll see alot of nudity in them so I guess it`s not a big deal if I leave a hint that it`s a full skeleton beneath the armor.

Thanks! :)
one thing to make a better hint it a skeleton would be to look at the leg the are suppose to be thinner if i am not wrong they look muscular atm

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Hey Archon! You may know me from Sycra's forum.

Here is some thoughts about design:
I think it's would be nice to add some mass and detalisation to that helmet and skull. This guy supposed to be a living one while ago but helmet sits pretty tight but there was skin and hair before!
You get what I'm talking about? looks like helmet was crafted already for naked skull.

Adding teeth would be a nice turn I think. For now it looks kinda funny more that scary-sketelon guy. And he is dead! He went through some battles and wehere killed before! Add some holes in plates, rags and other messy stuff.

And for 2 spears... I don't think it works well. Spear is not that kind of weapon you want dualwield it's not rly handy. Put shield on other hand or one spear in both hands!

I hope I helped a little! Good luck with the contest! ;)