Elaeis's sketchbook
Brilliant sketchbook! I really like those inked sketches :)

Nice studies and sketches, good proportions on them.
Keep posting!

Eraiasu and Razvan, thanks guys! here's another batch from today:

some scribbles:

a Fragonard study

an awful attempt at a spitpaint (check out the facebook group, awesome artists there!)

Your linework is mind-bending! Especially on those parrot studies (which I think are done digitally?) very clean and smooth. Actually I think it goes for your brushwork as well, very nice edges.

Awesome scibbles too!

Ohhh, you got some really nice line works over here. Daaaamn In love really diggin the mast studies as well. Keep it up <3

Thank you guys! warms my little heart :D

LongJh: yup parrot studies were done in photoshop :) thank you!

some more scribbles and quick color studies

another spitpaint, 30min (sorry I'm really bad at those, can't even put colors in -_-')

and more work on the unearthly challenge, I'm thinking of removing the cocoon and make the butterfly door the main thing... and redo the foreground... this is so hard -_-

some characters sketches from today, and an update for the unearthly challenge !

noah's art camp is starting again! so, some comp studies and a master study:

departures of witches by Luis Ricardo Falero (detail)

That last one. WOW!! man thats good! I love your style! Keep it up ;)

very inspiring work! Thank you, I think I am going to do some more studies now :)
it's been a while! Thank you guys so much! Wim I saw your study of Falero, great stuff!

I tired several traditional stuff this week, without success but it's been fun :) here are my blobs ! Spent an afternoon doing watercolors with a friend, bottom left is my very first oil (awful awful XD but I prefer oil to watercolor so far) and the small card at the bottom is a business card, trying to make some for a workshop; each of them with a different drawing :)

and some studies for the artcamp!

Woh! Yummy stuff! How do you like the artcamp? I have considered joining, but I'm not sure yet. :)

Whoa! Dem master studies, man! Great job!

Thank you!

Eraiasu: I like the artcamp a lot, it's really nice if you want to have a deadline and push your limits :) It really helped me to stay motivated when I was working full time. I'm really slow at imaginative stuff so since this week was about imaginative sketches, I chose to take a sketch I wanted to finish and here's the result:

There are a lot of things that annoy me yet but I decided to move on to others studies and another project; If you have any comment, shoot! It would help a lot :)

I also study anatomy, here are the scribbles but since it's more like personal notes I don't think it reads that well... sorry :/ there are other stuff as well

back from a very inspiring week-end in paris! always good to see those paintings IRL :)

some recent stuff:

wip

watercolour is hard :/

color study from a movie... hard to guess which one :D

feng zhu half study :)

some new stuff from this week!

selfportrait

still life

some studies for my next project

and I put the finishing touches on this one, so the end :) crits welcome of course!

Ma'am, you're magical.

Thank you for being magical.

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
haha thanks smrrfette :)

here's some research from last week; I lost 2 days repairing my ssd, annoying -_-

little sketch

Ingre study; incredibly hard o_o so many subtleties I couldn't convey

some new stuff from this week :)

new character wip; crits welcome!

somebody made a study of the same picture in the artcamp, I had to do the same :) such a beautiful shot

car study

quick hals study

some sketches

Haaaappy new year! I hope everyone survived to all that food :p

here's some stuff to start the year :)

[Image: 20140101_ayurvedaDoc5.jpg]
more worl one this; nearly done!

[Image: 20140103_ilyaRepineStudy.jpg]
ilya repine study

[Image: 20131226_leightonStudy.jpg]
edmund blair leighton study

[Image: IMG_006.jpg]