Elaeis's sketchbook
As I said in my presentation post, I'll post here my stuff. I want to improve my enviro skills 'cause I reaally suck at it, but beforehand, just to get my motor running, I'd like to make a finished piece with a character; here's the studies and first draft:

[Image: 20130926_parrotsStudies.jpg]

[Image: 20130926_parrotKing2.jpg]

ho and here's some paintings I did when I participated in Noah's art camp (hi fellow campers! I know some of you are here) so you can see where I am at the moment:

master study
[Image: FullStudy1_full.jpg]

thumbs
[Image: ImaginedColorsALL.jpg]

a sketch
[Image: dogs5.jpg]

there it is :) If you have any advice, you are very very welcome to give it ;) Thanks for looking!!
Those are some beautiful studies :)

hehe first everywhere ;) thanks again Prabu :)

I spent some more time on this one, but I don't know how to render it :( I think I still need lots and lots of studies to get into it;

as always, c&c welcome!

Since I'd like to improve my environment skills, I'm going to give a try to the unearthly challenge
Hi Elaeis,
I really enjoy your linework. Really great work on the studies as well.

-Sketchbook-
"... for drawing is a thinking person's art." - Walt Stanchfield.
Thanks a lot Javier!

Here's a sargent study from today :)

Great stuff to start your sb man, that sargent study looks neat!!

Thanks Blewzen!!

Here are some recent studies:

couple of doodles for Inktober ;frenchies might know it :p

and some sketches for the unearthly challenge; I choose a subject that may be a bit too edgy: insects. no creatures or characters allowed, so I'm just using insects as a material, but I'm waiting to see if I'm allowed to, otherwise I'll have to change my subject :)

that's it for now, happy working everyone!
hey elaeis, really enjoy the master studies. keep at the struggle :)
Thank you Ben, haha yeah a struggle it is :p Speaking about struggle, if anyone has tips on painting rocks, I would be very thankful :) tried a study after chichkin, but I couldn't find a big resolution of the painting, so it's more of a color study I guess; next time I'll make a photo study

another study, of a statue this time:

some inktober sketches (i'm not a great inker, but it's really fun to make ^^)

and some other comp sketches for the unearthly challenge

ahoy! morning study from photo and a random dude from imagination

plus another photo study

Nice! Love your rendering on those studies!

Ah love your stuff man!
Especially dig the masterstudy and that parrot-dude. Very mucha-esque with the lineart still visible. So I don't think it needs more rendering :P

Don't know much about painting rocks myself, but I suppose that it's better to simplify their forms a lot, atleast in observation. They come in all sizes and shapes anyway! The thing they share is their undying hardness of edge :D

outstanding works! love the parrot studies

wow thank you guys! and Bjulvar thanks for your answers about rocks, I'll keep practicing on those bastards :p

made some arms studies today

and I worked some more on the unearthly challenge; enviro are so hard for me -_- I'm struggling at every single brush stroke :/

and some more inktober quickies:

OMG! That Statue Study :D

I adore her ear, thighs, knee & foot. It looks so much like skin and not stone.

Thanks Prabu! :) need to do more of those

some inktober sketches and advancement on the challenge, I'm so sloooow; only foreground is half done I guess

study of the day :)

some recent stuff!

and a skull study, probably inspired by devin's :D still much to do before I can do as good

and I'm still struggling on the unearthly challenge, I can't seem to settle on a composition, I'm always stuck when it comes to detailing

I was a bit frustrated with the last skull study so I did another one, tried out another technique and had some fun with the mixer brush tool :p