Vegard´s sketchbook
worked more on it, made him more fabolous,i can see i really need to practice anatomy, so no more portraits from now on...:D

A lot of good work going on here. Anatomy is definitely something you should look at, while you are doing the studies, do them in black and white so that you can see the values in the face because I think you are missing a fair bit of depth to your shadows.

Keep up the good work and thanks for dropping by my sketchbook :) Will definitely check back here to see your growth in the future :)

A lot of good stuff here. I like your skull designs, very strong ink lines.

I know you keep saying that you feel like you are missing something big. I am by far not a good teacher or even a decent artist but I'd say a lot of your stuff, especially the imagination pieces lack more believable proportions and a send of 3D-ness if that makes any sense (probably becuase, like Jaik said your values are not quite there yet). I would recommend doing more studies from life like the first page. Those looked pretty good.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!

(01-19-2014, 10:21 AM)Jaik Wrote: A lot of good work going on here. Anatomy is definitely something you should look at, while you are doing the studies, do them in black and white so that you can see the values in the face because I think you are missing a fair bit of depth to your shadows.

Keep up the good work and thanks for dropping by my sketchbook :) Will definitely check back here to see your growth in the future :)

Thanks! Yea, i should do more studies in black and white:D

Likewise:D

(01-19-2014, 12:07 PM)dracken Wrote: A lot of good stuff here. I like your skull designs, very strong ink lines.

I know you keep saying that you feel like you are missing something big. I am by far not a good teacher or even a decent artist but I'd say a lot of your stuff, especially the imagination pieces lack more believable proportions and a send of 3D-ness if that makes any sense (probably becuase, like Jaik said your values are not quite there yet). I would recommend doing more studies from life like the first page. Those looked pretty good.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck!

Yeah, I really need to work on realistic proportions and still lifes really help if I fully commit to them:D

Thanks!

Told myself not to do any more portraits... I failed.
evrything below is from imagination..clearly

So here a bold knight, experimenting a bit with his armor.. This started in gray scale and then i added colors.

So started a painting with a full figure, finnally.. dont know if i will work more on it:D

Started doing some figures from imagination, gave up. Then i crawled back to my comfort zone and painted some skulls. Kinda satisfied with the mohawk one:) but not really

another portrait............

i dont know whats going on here..:D

Fun to make, need to draw more snakes in the future

Wip studyyy

Self portraits from a mirror, gave up on the first one...

Did a more careful line drawing in the beginning which helped alot, this one took about 3-4 hours to Finish:D

Random sketch:D

Updaaate

Last sketches of the day.. Its suppose to be a crowd surrounding the figure

Still like the idea of this in my head, but the execution is horrible

Quick failed selfie from mirror done yesterday

Monster guy from imagination trying to apply the thing from the self portrait, used the same lighting scheme...

Still life hand studies, just trying to find the right colors, the light also changes to fast for rendering anything

Lastly a still life from today, about an hour
r

I should be doing anatomy studies....

anaatomy yess finally... focusing on arms and legs.. need to study feet and hands, trying to find the weakest points and then focusing on them in studies

Also i need to learn perspective, does anyone have good resources on making perspective grids while drawing still lifes.. considering to buy Alex Negreas tutorial:D

sketchiin:D

From imagination, going to do the back view before I go study, ill probably just do a bunch of quickposes.

some poses from quickposes.com these are hard hmmm..... need to learn more structure to avoid just drawing the outlines/ silhouettes and learing nooothin

60- 120 sec mostly,

So i neeed to study glenn villpu, and there are also good viedos on structure here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqxPHew5bGQ.