Advice wanted for this bowser portrait
Latest work and feeling quite good about it so far. I'm starting to get into the final stages but want some advice to hopefully really bring this piece out into something truly special. Currently biggest issues I'm having is with the hair on his head, eyebrows look pretty good thought I think I will add a little back light to the outer hairs of them. The head hair though I think looks good with the back light but the forefront of it is missing something. Other area is texturing, I've got some decent brushes I'm trying but still not finding the look I want for the small details. I want to have pores and bumps over his skin but my experiments so far which aren't seen here just aren't working out.

Attached Files Image(s)

To be honest I'm really impressed. I love to look of the eyes. It's waaay beyond my level to crit this...
The only thing that doesn't work a bit for me is his bottom lip. Maybe it could be shaded more agressively to show more 3d form? Anyway... that's beyond my skills and more of a opinion than a "universal right".

It's a somewhat solitary existence, a bit like a lighthouse keeper throwing a beam out into the darkness, in faith that this action might help someone unseen.

BombMy Sketchbook (critique welcome)Bomb
Great piece so far.

The eyes are looking good but are looking flat, you have the center, lower eye lid lifting up in the middle of the eye when it should be wrapping around the eye ball in a reverse arch. As far as the skin texture goes there is no easy way or magic brush, you have to paint the pores, wrinkles and scares.

Be carful with the soft brushes you are using, everything is looking soft bordering on plastic. Get some hard edges in the wrinkles. Also watch those dark darks that you have the hair coming out of and have above the eyebrows.

This is going to be a SWEETTTT piece when you are done.

dropping images i have found with google

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Latest version, getting much closer now but still some things to work over.

Attached Files Image(s)