Best exercises to improve line quality and design
Found something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anf2TFtQyEw
But the guy isn't talking at all about what he is doing. Can somebody give some more detail about why he is doing what he does?
Or maybe you have your own ways to improve line quality and general design? Can you share them?
Thx!

It's a somewhat solitary existence, a bit like a lighthouse keeper throwing a beam out into the darkness, in faith that this action might help someone unseen.

BombMy Sketchbook (critique welcome)Bomb
Here you go, buddy:
Dynamic Sketching I with Peter Han
Dynamic Sketching II with Peter Han
These are the basics of what that dude is doing, but I assume he's demonstrating the other exercises in Peter Han's class. (Not a bad idea to try and understand what he's doing and use them too!)
Thanks for the share!

Fantastic exercises to improve drawing skiiiiills.
I recommend warming up with at least some of the exercises before you sketch... warming up is so underrated but oh so important-!

Definitely a good habit to form!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Thank you! Defenetely something worth trying. What's more, istead of doodling some random things when for example talking on the phone, I could try to do this. :) Great stuff to do when you don't know what to draw also.

It's a somewhat solitary existence, a bit like a lighthouse keeper throwing a beam out into the darkness, in faith that this action might help someone unseen.

On line quality, you can practice like.. with charcoal mostly cause its such an awesome expressive drawing medium, try to draw things from life, and contour lines and shapes draw really sharp lines.. and make sure to use soft lines where the form turns and such.

It sounds really simple, but it often time slips peoples minds, and when you actually focus on it, you end up with a pretty good line quality work.

drawing a lot.
really i'm not being a jerk.

ok ok
what i mean is
- line quality is an auto-improving feature most of the time. it just happens as you draw more and more, you get more confident, better coordination etc. it's not really a thing to be making tutorials on.
- line expression or the "artistry" of a line, which involves things like the flow of a line, width variation, pressure variation, dynamic and so forth, this is stuff you learn from observing great drawings and practicing.

Thx, could you elaborate more on the line expression?

i would recommend to try different hatching technique so you can focus on getting a clean line work

you can also try to mimic the line style of master

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.