Help me with this
Hi, this is my another digital painting. I am working on it for a long time, but it still looks unfinished.
I don't understand the problem. Please help me.

Attached Files Image(s)

you need to work on the texture of each part like i can see black leather jacket a drum made with wood and the drum skin each of those part absorb and reflect light in different way so think about that. To make it look more finish you need to add detail to area where is just empty(to flat or uniform) if you look at the intrument it really look only as the representation with no real flavor,personality.What i mean there is that it look like it made of wood because i can tell by the color but it look like you didnt use a reference because it leak detail.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Hi!
Got a few advices for you and a paintover:
- Plan your values globally before commiting to working on detalis. Think of light direction and shade every mass roughly according to this light. When this is ok, you can start polishing everything. Keep within set value range. In your painting for example the arm looks like a flat pipe rather than something that goes "in depth" of your canvas.
- Control cast shadows - for example guy is casting shadow on the floor and the drum is on him. Shadow of the nose is missing and shadow from the head has a different direction that all other shadows. It connects with the first point - when you figure out light position you can model form and add shadows correctly and more easily.
- Don't color all the face with same color. James Gurney is a better teacher than I am so read this: http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/2008/0...-face.html
- Don't treat color so locally. For example light source color will influence highlights colors. Bounced light will color neighbouring shadows. Well, the jeans won't have much reflections, but for example leather jacket could.
Of course I'm not a teacher, just trying to help. So if any of these points sounds stupid to or you will have a feedback from somebody more advanced in art, you can ommit some of them.
Hope this helps...

Attached Files Image(s)

It's a somewhat solitary existence, a bit like a lighthouse keeper throwing a beam out into the darkness, in faith that this action might help someone unseen.

BombMy Sketchbook (critique welcome)Bomb
Thank you.

Thank you.