Crashers Redesign!
[Image: CrashersSketches_01.jpg]

I loved the Castle Crashers game! I am doing some character redesigns for fun. Here are the sketches so far. I would love to hear what people think before I move to concepts with reference etc.

(12-07-2013, 11:23 AM)califfguzman Wrote: [Image: CrashersSketches_01.jpg]

I loved the Castle Crashers game! I am doing some character redesigns for fun. Here are the sketches so far. I would love to hear what people think before I move to concepts with reference etc.

What are these characters supposed to be? The orange guy looks like a berserker type, and the blue and red look like brooks. Green looks like an assassin, and the grey not-sure. I like the red and blue because they look like characters that belong to a game called Castle Crushers - they look like they can dent and crumble walls of stone and bend gates of metal.

Focus.
@meat They are pretty much what you described. More of the specific character details will come out in the concepts. They are based on the game castle crashers, but I wanted to do more then just knights in armor. What is a "brook"?

(12-07-2013, 11:59 PM)califfguzman Wrote: @meat They are pretty much what you described. More of the specific character details will come out in the concepts. They are based on the game castle crashers, but I wanted to do more then just knights in armor. What is a "brook"?

Brook is a unit in Western chess, usually they look like a castle tower and stands at the rear corners.

Focus.
hey meat, nice idea and castle crashers is a fun game! The blue and the red designs are a little to close to the originals for my taste, I like where you are going with the orange one making them more realistic and human like, I'd develop this style of design further for each character as it steps away from looking too similar to the games original ones.

(12-08-2013, 09:55 AM)JonHop Wrote: The blue and the red designs are a little to close to the originals for my taste, I like where you are going with the orange one making them more realistic and human like, I'd develop this style of design further for each character as it steps away from looking too similar to the games original ones.

I like where your head is at. I will definitely go in this direction. I appreciate your feedback I don't have anyone to bounce ideas with.

The chess piece is called a rook, not a brook btw :P

(12-20-2013, 12:37 PM)ChantalFournier Wrote: The chess piece is called a rook, not a brook btw :P

Oops! Now it's obvious I don't play chess, haha! Thanks for catching that, or I'd continue faulting 'till some chess fan deck me!

Focus.