Wise's Sketchbook
I think I'm doing this right. Anyways, this is my 2nd post here, and I figured I'd post a current project of mine for some feedback, see how this community works. So far I like it, I think I could gain a lot from this place, and possibly help others as well.

Anyways here. I'm trying to develop more character concepts for a fantasy story I've been writing. This is Mairu, a powerful lightning mage who dons full plate and becomes terrifying with an axe up-close. She is obsessed with power and strength, but refuses to take shortcuts, only accepting power she earned. This makes her resilient to the influences of other more sinister elements, making her a sort of wild card in the story. She refuses to serve anyone unless she gains more from the situation.

She wields a moderately heavy war axe with devastating strength and control, making her even more deadly in close-combat. At a distance, she pelts targets with powerful arcs of lightning, or permeates the air with a static field that disrupts magic.

I have more planned to fill out her abilities, but haven't decided whether to implement them yet. I also haven't decided how I want to represent various races in this story. I don't want just humans, but I also don't want to follow classic fantasy tropes too closely. So using the typical elves, orcs, dwarves, etc. is incredibly unappealing to me.

Which means at some point I'll be trying to create unique races. But first things first.

Critique and suggestions welcomed, I am far from a pro at this type of art.

Attached Files Image(s)

I would rework the hair on the forehead to follow the wind also the tissue could be deleted it just to in contrast with the armor or change the color of it.And for the power kind of stuff not sure if it wind or lightning because i would assume that lightning would be brighther.

i did some test not sure if it as any value my main concern was the line of action. I was feeling that he loosing balance maybe it my inexperience

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to spend some more time on it, see what I can do.
I've got a lot of new work, kind of dropped my lightning-warrior for a while so as not to stagnate too long. I'm trying to figure out brush strokes better, to create materials and textures, edges and contrast properly to make things feel like they're actually there.

So here's some new work :D

Attached Files Image(s)