pugsloth's sketchbook
So it's a week until a deadline at university so that's why I haven't been updating much, these are my last two modules of the year and then I am out, although my tutor has advised me to try and bend the modules towards this sort of work.

So I did a movie study that I forgot to put up from Chicago and then I've done some studies on the sun in different lighting, but I didn't take the idea forward so I've done an initial sketch/linework on an illustration for my manifesto at University, for anyone who wants to read:

Quote: A letter to anyone who wants to make a career out of doing what they love.

What would you do if you had all the money in the world?

Whatever the answer is, do it, this is your calling and trust me, if you do it enough you'll get good.

Realize this, everyone has the same amount of hours in a day, the earth orbits the sun faster for no man, it's what you do with your time that counts. Wake up earlier and learn to say no if it means you have more time to do what you want to do.

Now I'm not saying quit your job or disown the people around you, unless you're not happy, then do whatever you have to do, you're on this small blue dot once and once only, so don't spend your time doing something you don't love, oh what a waste that would be.

At the same time, be sensible, as humans we have the gift of time travel, we can imagine our futures and remember the past, the good and the bad, so learn from your mistakes and don't do anything drastic without a back up plan, you never know when you're going to need one.

Work hard and work smart, challenge yourself and accept failures, they're going to happen, but you will learn from them and you will get better.

Lastly, don't give up, those who do never get to where they want to be and only by carrying on will you.

[attachment=45536]

[attachment=45537]

[attachment=45538]

[attachment=45539]
Finished my illustration, far from perfect but I completed this in a fraction of the time my witch took to complete.

[attachment=45581]
(01-10-2014, 05:07 AM)pugsloth Wrote: So today consisted of a cluster smuck of studies, did some leg anatomy, mainly focusing on proportions, not going for any clean sketches, then I studied a full body anatomy plate from here:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6537/10f873xm0.jpg

and then I went on to draw the planes of the head from different angles (life drawing), started the exercises from Scott Robertson's new book 'How to Draw', really helpful stuff, can't wait to do the complex perspective stuff (later tonight hopefully).

Then I just have a few heads I sketched from the web.

Any feedback is appreciated :)

I also did some gesture drawings but they were just as bad as my previous ones so I didn't bother uploading.

I'm really liking these studies, great linework, very expressive!

Life's hard most of the times, motivation isn't the best sometimes. . . sometimes it's really demotivating. And, sometimes, I feel like I'm in heaven!
========================================
My DA: http://nunowho.deviantart.com/

Interested in some collabs or becoming a Drawing Partner? PM me!
Not updated in a while due to University deadlines etc, been to a 6 hour life drawing sessions today so there are some from today, one I made the woman's legs really small, the other are okay, the one where she is lying down she looks really flat, need to do more.

[attachment=46110]

[attachment=46111]

[attachment=46112]

[attachment=46113]

[attachment=46114]

[attachment=46115]

[attachment=46116]

[attachment=46117]