Alex A's Sketch
Hey guys let's just get this going.

A 2 hour still life i worked on today. Was trying to think about edges more but I think they are to hard and messy still.

And some work on this other image, still trying to figure it out though. Kind of changed the whole thing midway. Thought drawing a pack of them would be more interesting?

Attached Files Image(s)

I like the wolves. A couple suggestions on your composition if you dont mind. The big white space at the top seems unnecessary. I would crop off half of the white area and maybe add another wolf off in the distance in the top right to balance out the bottom left's visual weight.

Hey Alex,
Great work so far! I like the design choice you made with the pack of wolves, you're right - it does add more interest and creates more of a story,

Hmm, maybe try tightening up your values a bit with the wolves ~ and I agree with what Hypnagogic commented on in regards to composition; try to really think about composition with every piece you do, before you start. For example, setting up your still-life in a particular way before commencing your study. Or the emphasis a low-angle shot as opposed to a high-angle shot would create, etc.

But keep pushing ^ ^!

Keep going strong no matter what and questioning things while observing from life and you'll be laughing!

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
smrrfette- Hey thanks dude! Ya I felt same way, needs more wolfs, so felt the mood and lighting wasnt what I wanted so still trying to figure it out. Not actually quite sure what they are, sort of hyena wolf zombies? Was looking at a lot of movie refs to get a better idea on lighting I could do. I really like the slimy, wet look to this, so I'm trying to get this

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs39/f/2008/3...t_Snap.jpg

Hypnagogic_Haze- Thanks dude! Yeah I ended up feeling the same way, decided to go for a more zoomed in comp. The idea I had was you look at the front ones eye, and then try and lead the viewer though the rest of the image with the light.

We will see how it goes!

Spent only 50 min on this still life, was trying to get the colors better this time. Mostly same lighting, exact same apple.

And some more work on this image. Values are still not there. Not even close! D: The drawing is still very timid...

Not to happy with any of this but maybe with more work i will be?