What up everyone, I am excited to be here!
Hello everybody!

My name is David, I am 25 years old and writing to you from Danmark. I finished my bachelor degree in biology in January and have decided to take a break from school. During this break which will be around 1 year (maybe more, you never know) I would like to get in touch with my creative side again, which has been neglected for far to long.

Drawing has always been a big part of my life, but the last couple of years I really have not been able to practise it that much. This has mainly been because of school, and also because of the fact that I have surrounded myself with friends who just are not interrested in drawing and such (they have some other great qualities instead). So my favorite past time practise has been put on a shelf collecting dust.., collecting dust until now that is :)

I have started drawing again. Mainly pencil, but I also got my hands on a wacom intuos5 drawing tablet, so I am also trying to get the handle on photoshop. What I have been looking at so far, has been quick gestures, so I can get a handle on the anatomy of the body and its motion. My drawing skills at this moment are pretty rusty so it will take me a while to get back to where I finished last time. The level I was on last time, was in my oppinion "slightly" above amateurish.. I had some understanding of anatomy, lighting and color.

What I would like for my future is an even better ability to draw, so it will be possible to leave the rank of an amature, maybe even becoming so good that I can make a little money with my drawing skills. In that sense I am thinking of charater and enviroment design. Being able to draw the things I fantasize about is really a dream, something I never have been able to, probably because of the lack in skill.
I hope the crimsondaggers forum can help me with this, the drawing skills many of you have are incredible and very inspiring, but very overwhelming as well, because where do I start so I can get better?
The first thing I would like to do is to join a study group, so I can get some help and be helpfull. A study group would also be able to give me some structure on my practise which maybe at one point can help structure an every day drawing routine.

This is my introduction people, hopefully not a too boring one :)

-David-

PS: I am not very familiar with forums and have never ever been active in one before, so bear with me. I generally ask a lot of questions ;) I will upload a sketchbook as soon as possible!
Hi David, welcome to the forum. Shaking off the rust can be frustrating. I still feel rusty myself even though I've been practicing everyday since last October. Be patient with it and take it one day at a time.