RejectedMooses' Sketchbook
Hi there, my name's Pontus and I'm 23 years old.
Here's my sketchbook!

I was very skeptical first to create an account on this site and actively showing my training, but alas, I got talked over and sure did get one (after a reasonable amount of time).
I'm currently in training to become, be, a concept artist / digital artist. I'm not even sure of the terms here, but you get it, I hope.

I'm mostly doing a lot of drawings at the moment, just to establish a good ground, I feel like I need it. But I'm slowly getting into the digital part as well, although it's tough. My biggest challenge as of now is, I believe, colors. Ugh.

Anyway, I appreciate any feedback, I mean ANY! Don't be shy, if you have something to write, please write! I'm here to listen opinions of others and to get assistance in my development.

--

Here's a few sketches of environment.

[Image: W1m3x1b.jpg]

[Image: ohKIfxk.jpg]

[Image: wezka1A.jpg]

[Image: ghxMMpG.jpg]

[Image: iuQeeNl.jpg]

[Image: ucDWvhP.jpg]
Hey welcome Pontus!

I'll go over a few things/ useful resources. things I've done/wish I had focused on etc.

First off Construction! Birdgemans complete guide to drawing from life, and or Loomis figure drawing for all it's worth. Study the shit out of them, make sure to apply what your doing as well with imaginative stuff. I feel like those books (especially bridgeman) Really helped me get my structural understanding to where it currently is (I'n no way great, but a lot better then when I started!)

It's going to help with drawing everything. Draw from life often too.

As for going into digital, personally I wish I hadn't so soon. I feel I really should have had focused on my drawing foundations for a bit first instead of delving in too early.

I'll share my self study notes/exercises with you, It was made just for personal use/notes to keep track of things. so take the majority of my notes to self with a grain of salt. The resources I've linked within will likely be helpful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/753e3k5u0vc7ew...online.rtf

Ok enough for now :P

I really like your enviro concepts! keep em coming.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

hi and welcome to the daggers!
Nice sketches and studies, keep 'em comin'.
and also what jones said is right- totally pick up those books if you can :>

(05-21-2014, 03:03 PM)Jonesoda Wrote: Hey welcome Pontus!

I'll go over a few things/ useful resources. things I've done/wish I had focused on etc.

First off Construction! Birdgemans complete guide to drawing from life, and or Loomis figure drawing for all it's worth. Study the shit out of them, make sure to apply what your doing as well with imaginative stuff. I feel like those books (especially bridgeman) Really helped me get my structural understanding to where it currently is (I'n no way great, but a lot better then when I started!)

It's going to help with drawing everything. Draw from life often too.

As for going into digital, personally I wish I hadn't so soon. I feel I really should have had focused on my drawing foundations for a bit first instead of delving in too early.

I'll share my self study notes/exercises with you, It was made just for personal use/notes to keep track of things. so take the majority of my notes to self with a grain of salt. The resources I've linked within will likely be helpful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/753e3k5u0vc7ew...online.rtf

Ok enough for now :P

I really like your enviro concepts! keep em coming.

I've looked at bridgeman, never got it though. But I'll definitely will.
And woah, thank you so much for those notes! They will be so handy.

Once again, thank you so much. :)

(05-21-2014, 04:26 PM)marjoriedavis Wrote: hi and welcome to the daggers!
Nice sketches and studies, keep 'em comin'.
and also what jones said is right- totally pick up those books if you can :>

Hi and thank you!
Here's a new quickie, supposed to be a panorama picture, the "cave" one was tricky, not familiar with it, hard to get a depth.

[Image: kcp5znD.jpg]