dosy's sketchbook
Hey, I'm Terri. I love drawing + storytelling and my goal is to have a career that is predominantly about those two things. I'm unsure what exactly that job would look like, but I know that I have to be a good artist to get there.

I also have a sketchbook on CA.org and tumblr that I'll update concurrently.

Below are some of the last few sketches I did. I was attempting to stylize figures, but I didn't push any of them far enough past their respective reference. And also, I've been avoiding arms and hands, so I'm gonna study arms and hands for the next few weeks. xP

Attached Files Image(s)

The last lessons from the Schoolism course are all about materials. I've had trouble with pretty much all of the materials, the following not excluded. Right now I'm working on clouds and I'm not even sure how to approach them. I get the general stuff, but rendering them baffles me.

I'm trying to get through some studies of clouds, but for whatever reason I find even that super intimidating. I just want to draw naked dudes. Smug naked dudes. ;[

Also included a lazy B&W study of Saul Tepper and a WIP of my 'Sirens' piece. I'm really dying for a Cintiq right now.

Attached Files Image(s)

Cornwell studies and sketchbook stuff from the past couple of weeks. I also included a mood/reference board for my next illustration.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hoping I can stick to a more regular schedule here! Below is my contest entry for Voltage Entertainment and character concepts (the rusalka and the huntsman) for my illustration project.

Attached Files Image(s)

I didn't get to my color study on Saturday, so I'll have to finish it tonight or tomorrow. Instead of doing that, I doodled for the monster challenge going around on Tumblr.

I think my values are more off than my colors.

I'm too lazy to scan my physical sketchbooks today. I tried out Watt's online atelier program this month, so a majority of my work so far are studies and exercises related to that. I started working on my comic again, but it's been slow-going.

I'm really bad at updating stuff online. Here's some stuff from this week. 

I feel like it'd be good to reserve a day or two for a longer study. Originally, I kept these to one hour so I wouldn't be overwhelmed, but I've been in a pretty good groove for the last two weeks; that might not be a problem anymore. 

Started working on the design for the character in the illustration in the last post. Some of these are already obvious nos, but I think they'll have interesting bits to integrate into the final.
Nice to see you back! You definitely look like you've improved in recent years. Your greyscale studies are a lot more accurate than before, but I think you'd benefit from color picking more, not to paint with, just to double check your values are right. Just make sure to not get too carried away with the color picking. Otherwise, these are looking awesome. Hope you keep posting here. :)