Benjamins Book of doom
Hello! i'm Ben Middleton from England, 23 and currently working as builder,hope to change that in the upcoming years!...and this is my sketchbook.

[Image: 14v3ddw.jpg]
That Giant bug painting is pretty awesome.
Welcome and a good start to your sketchbook ! i'm kinda in the same boat as you . i'm 22 and i'm an electrician :p but i'm gonna go to an "art" college next school year .
I like the design of the reptiles but it could be a bit more pushed , try to add more contrast too since reptiles have scales that are shiny :). the composition,depth of the image is kinda weird tho it looks as they are too close to each other .

keep it up

Hey thanks DontFeedDirk, good to be hear!, haha nice, i nearly took a electrician course, but knocking down walls was to appealing :P

Ok yeah i get you, like really push the form?, im going to add some scale texture i think, yeah the only reason ive stacked them that way was just to fit all 3 into the image in some kinda composition, executed it bad : /, but thanks :) looking forward to posting a update!
Nice work Rainbows, I'm feeling you guys too. 25, engaged, stuck working for a home reno company, hoping to start making the switch in a few months.

My only current suggestion with your paintings is to try varying up the edges a bit, everything is taking a very "soft" look if you know what i mean? Try putting a few more harder edges to vary things up, it will help with contrast too I think.
So i had my first commission, i could have gone a'lot smoother after being told originally i had 4 days i ended up having 24 hours, so 24 hours later and a crippled hand this is the result i'm happy with it and so is the client :) all around i didn't think i was ready, and i still don't but everyone was happy so am i. :)

[Image: 17.jpg]

[Image: painting+style+study.jpg]

[Image: Weird+creatures+spread.jpg]
character design WIP

[Image: Immortals+GOD+1.jpg]

Monkey head study
( ref Alex oliver sculptor )

[Image: monkey+face.jpg]
Rainbow 
Large update :)

[Image: Untitled-2.jpg]

[Image: Untitled-12.jpg]

[Image: 3+shape+colour+study.jpg]

[Image: Bouguerue3.jpg]

[Image: SkeletonKnightnDragon2.jpg]

[Image: Knight+3.jpg]

[Image: 1.jpg]

some anatomy studies ive been working on.
[Image: Bust+sheet.jpg]

[Image: Anatomy+sheet.jpg]

[Image: hand+studies+2.jpg]

[Image: hand+studies.jpg]

[Image: Pose+studies.jpg]

2min quick pose study
[Image: Untitled-2.jpg]
practice with my hard n soft brushes,master study.
[Image: master+study2.jpg]
Two landscape studies, trying to do two every morning really need to knuckle down on getting this into a habbit.

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 1.jpg]
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]

[Image: More+Anatomy.jpg]

[Image: Plant+creature+design.jpg]
Anatomy statue study
[Image: More+more+Anatomy.jpg]
Pages from a sketchbook im close to filling :) [Image: tumblr_m724a9ID0y1qgphqno6_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m724a9ID0y1qgphqno10_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m724a9ID0y1qgphqno1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m724a9ID0y1qgphqno3_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m724a9ID0y1qgphqno4_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m724a9ID0y1qgphqno9_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m724ihZHOy1qgphqno2_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m6v6qz6mOX1qgphqno1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m6v78tzHvR1qgphqno1_500.jpg]

Working on a personal project, set of 4 skeleton knighty types :)

WIP
[Image: Skeleton+King.jpg]

[Image: Undead+King+Colour.jpg]

[Image: Undead+King+Colour.jpg]

[Image: Undead+priest.jpg]
A lot of hard work over here! Good!! :)
your sketchbook looks so clean and neat.... cool
love the whole post - great work Ben! Keep going!

Good stuff Ben, keep it going :)
Thanks for the kind words :D

Some really killer studies and some interesting characters, I really like your knights.

I want to see you put some of that anatomy to work, try do a figure from imagination now and again to keep it flowing.
(07-20-2012, 04:00 AM)dwalkerart Wrote: Some really killer studies and some interesting characters, I really like your knights.

I want to see you put some of that anatomy to work, try do a figure from imagination now and again to keep it flowing.

Thanks Dwalker, yeah im still finding it hard to put my anatomy into practice digitally, but its definitely something im working on after ive done these Undead characters :)

Update :)

[Image: IMAG0991-1.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0986-1.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0984-1.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0001_COVER-11.jpg]

[Image: BEN1.jpg]

[Image: Undeadswampyknight.jpg]

[Image: angel.jpg]

[Image: egyptianskeleton.jpg]

[Image: egyptianskeleton1.jpg]

[Image: egyptianskeleton2.jpg]

[Image: eye2.jpg]

[Image: eye1.jpg]

[Image: Skeletonarmy3.jpg]

little crop of something thats consuming alot of time for me.
[Image: Giantdrinking.jpg]

robo thumbnails i'll be starting to look at doing more mechanical designs soon, really getting the itch start doing more mechanical.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

Thanks for checking out my sketchbook, ill make sure i make time to update my sketchbook more often.

:) update, really loooking for some crits on my sketchbook

CG HUB challenge hellhound, never submitted this. Really loooking forward to doing more challenges, wish i had started sooner!
[Image: Hellhound+CG+comp.jpg]

[Image: The+Guard.jpg]

[Image: landscape.jpg]

[Image: tie+fighter.jpg]