CRIMSON CHOW #2 - Modern Wizard WIP
Cool stuff peoples! Did some more posing for Pinkman and prepared a foundation for the painting, not sure if I'll be able to finish it, but I keep my fingers crossed!

[Image: 29.jpg]
[Image: 33.jpg]

SB
Some... exploration.

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
[Image: gwhzCO0.jpg]

[Image: tCVY476.jpg]

I wont be able to finish this because I'll be busy from now on. Also, I kinda jumped over the design stage and for some reason ignored the exploration i did in a sense... (hides)

My take on the 2014 witch. It was kinda challenging trying to do contemporary designs but also add some witch recognizable elements without going into the old fantasy style too much.
So here are some sketches:

@bemota That's looking really great, but you didn't have to go that far, creating a character on a blank/gray background is what we are looking for. :)
I'm sure if this one hits we'll have enviro / illustration / mosnter contests too.

Smrrfette guilted me into joining this round, even though I had nooo idea what to do for a modern wizard.

So I figured if I were a wizard I would hide with the rave crowd.. Since they would be too drug fucked to know what was magic and what was real.

So now I need help... how do I harmonize rainbow fluro saturated colours >.< Hurts my eyes.

Attached Files Image(s)

Love the passage on this one!!!

I'd love to come up with something, but I can only make up some kind of a hooded urban dude (which was done by someone) and second, I can't draw :C
Pookaball, 'can't draw' is no excuse, just give it a try ;)

Just started exploring, think I'll go for the old lady. To any lurkers, keep in mind the new rule that you must post at least one WIP in this thread in order to be eligible. Awesome work so far everyone! Also, yes Pooka, tryyy :)

[Image: pl33KXg.jpg]

Chickened out and went with pen on paper instead of challenging digital... Did fashion studies from some Fall catalog for 2014 fashion, then added an iPhone 6, a gaming headphone, and those seemingly very popular giant shades. Planning to have the magic part comes through runes on her clothes, tattoo, iPhone app, and some magic glow in a palm... but I'll be without internet from Friday 6am to Sunday night again, so....

Focus.
Your ideas are sweet people, keep pushing it!
First time joining this, pretty good for me to be forced out of my comfort zone too once in a while xD

[Image: ModernWizards.png]
[Image: InmateWizard_WIP.png]

Heyoo, here's what i've got so far. Interpreting the theme a bit loosely

Some star wars level concept art. Please don't ask me what some of these are. I dont even know xD
[Image: 2v81r8l.jpg]

Picked my two favorites and sketched em for an hour or so each. Going to refine these later, and probably going to add more design elements

Tiny wizard man calling bird friends
[Image: 15cne2v.jpg]

Inept garbage can wzard
[Image: 5ze9ur.jpg]

meat: magic runes iphone app! "Never forget a spell again!"

rendering some more

Time to start rendering this thing.

[Image: GtaPnvs.png]
[Image: 6nVyoTU.png]
[Image: t6bbQMD.png]
[Image: ozxqmzh.png]

Sschtruggle schtreet

Everyone is looking so good @.@ Not sure if I'll finish this time, mostly because I went a completely different way stylistically this time and I dont know where it.. ends? I guess is probably the best word..

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's my version of the modern witch.
Hope you like it!

Just 3 (2 for me, since I live in Russia, I suppose) days left and I couldn't come up with anything :C
I will at least try to post a LITTLE sketch in the following days then :c
So many awesome entries again :0

@Pooka: No worries, and like I mentioned in the Shoutbox, you can still post it in the Finals thread later on if you want, you just won't be in the poll.

Finals thread is up FYI, please post your Finals there: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-5446.html

[Image: kCtQFUG.jpg]
[Image: VcdNtbC.jpg]

Hi :)

Wow, so many great entrys so far.....
I'm new and late but here ist my first try.

Hi :)

Wow, so many great entrys so far.....
I'm new and late but here ist my first try.

Attached Files Image(s)