My Daily Studies
Will be posting my dailies here... I started my real studies last week, but I haven´t been as efficient as planned but more productive then ever... I've been having trouble to do things for a long period without taking too many short breaks due to iunno what ( always gettin my ass up to drink water/ eat something/ sloth around)

Been using alot of traditional media lately and my scanner is a big piece of crap so I will be putting only my digital ones from yesterday and today =)

My focus are the basics (I really suck with colors so this one has been a tough one for me), any suggestions on what and how to study and critiques are very welcome. Don't be afraid to be harsh, I'm here to learn and get good and not to be loved XD

Today studies... was struggling in creating any kind of creature so I decided to take on some random animals anatomy

Very nice studies
I've been trying to achieve that level of sketches/shading/linework for EVER. So call me jealous. I recognize you from CA, you have some fantastic abilities my friend. Been watching you for a LONG time. Keep at it ;]

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
really like your linework! seems like you have a great understanding of form too :p
keep em coming!

thanks alot guys!!

@zesiul: Man I just started on digital painting and stuff, never really posted on CA... maybe you know me from some drawing jams on CGhub or something? but even there I never really posted much! But anyway thanks for the compliment hahah =) I guess all I do is try to loosen up my lines as much as I can
Oh wow this is embarrassing! I had mistaken your art for that of another, gosh apologies man. But hey hopefully you don't take it the wrong way!! I mistook you for a very talented guy, you're doing really great things here. I hope you continue to update. Again sorry for the mistake!

(02-20-2012, 01:03 PM)Zesiul Wrote: Oh wow this is embarrassing! I had mistaken your art for that of another, gosh apologies man. But hey hopefully you don't take it the wrong way!! I mistook you for a very talented guy, you're doing really great things here. I hope you continue to update. Again sorry for the mistake!

ahahahhaha its all cool man! I took it in a good way!

Anyway heres today's studies... I guess I'm afraid to use all these studies and actually CREATE something... but hmm getting used to animal anatomy isn't that all bad anyway huh
I did some minor sketches on paper that I won't put up here now, since I might just transfer them by eye to photoshop tomorrow and start creating the creature for the monster hunter challenge

Btw poor giraffe, my aunt is gonna sleep here in my room so I won't be value studying it today =(
Mmm, some nice studies man. Would be cool to see some personal work in here once in a while. Keepem comin!
(02-21-2012, 02:21 PM)Dennis Kutsenko Wrote: Mmm, some nice studies man. Would be cool to see some personal work in here once in a while. Keepem comin!

thanks man! and definitely I gotta do some personal work =/ Think I haven't had the confidence yet to push myself off the studies and actually apply what I've been doing, you know, famous comfort zone...
Some of the stuff I did last 2-3 days, yesterday was shit and didn't do much besides silhouettes

Crimson Guardians Group Studies:

This one I did after them and got fed up of it before finishing:

Stuff I did for the bloodsports:

I Lost some of my creature sketches due to saving some random shit drawing that I did on top of it by mistake....

These are excellent my friend! Should definitely continue doing both studies and personal work. Keep it up!
Creature for bloodsports (gonna change it) and a 1 hour study. My day was mostly procrastination due to endless struggles on the hunters and creature =( and I guess I wont be able to make it in time but surely will continue doing it after the deadline

I'm really diggin' that creature! I'm in the same boat about time running out. I spent to much time on the development end, but meh, it'll be good for the portfolio in the end! Just push it out at the highest quality that you can!
thanks man... but yeah we gotta manage our time better I guess haha it's kinda frustrating not to have my stuff submitted when I devoted almost the whole week to it >.< but anyway, the studies really showed off on this one since I couldn't do a single damn creature at start haha
these are awesome victor! good job on them dude, keep it up :D

Didn't do shit on the weekend =/ Girlfriend didnt get used to me being a dagger hahaha

group study from friday:

Some stuff I did Today (all 2 hour studies/ paintings):

I also did a full body anatomy study from a book in which I struggled quite a bit today =/

BTW something I'm really uncomfortable with is that I couldn't finish a single piece of study in the due time (usually 2 hours for each study), should I continue doing these and eventually finish them or starting new ones... I made a schedule in which I do 2 hours studies (about 2-4 per day) but I dont think 2 hours is enough for now =/. Do you guys think that starting new ones and trying to get it faster is better or do less studies but make them to a more finished level is best? I'm really in doubt in what to do atm =/ since there is another set of studies tomorrow and I'm not sure what to do.
Hey hey! Nice studies sir! That dog turned out really well!

Regarding your question at the end, I really don't have an answer. I'm kind of in the same boat myself. I think I've stayed successfully under 2 hours on a study where that was my intent maybe once or twice. They almost all go over 2 hours and I can't stand to not finish them, so I do and end up throwing my whole workload for the day off. I have been getting faster though and I'm getting a lot closer to keeping my studies in their time constraints. Sometimes I just cap them and let it be, but they definitely aren't where I'd want them to be. Not sure how that helps you, but you're not alone!

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Steve Anthony Pierce
CD Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Blog | Twitter | DA | Facebook
You are learning a lot from these photo studies (IMO) and so I hope you continue them! Your line work is still beautiful. :D

@stevepierce: thanks for sharing you experience man! I think I will be a bit selective in which studies I will and will not finish, and maybe practice some multitasking so I can do them at the same time =)

@zesiul: thanks dude you are always too kind! ahahahhaha