DeathMetalDan's Stuff!
I guess I'll post my stuff for the bloodsports here... I forgot that people weren't supposed to comment in the WIP thread and that was more for a show and tell... so here's a few things so far on Bloodsports Challenge 6! Lemme know what you think!
Hunter(Inuit Inspired):

Monster(Wolf,Polar/Grizzly Bear, Yeti Inspired):

hey man, I can see your drawings reflect a knowledge of anatomy and movement, the colors are nice and so are the values. I like how bulky his clothes are (to protect him from cold I guess). But I think the monster (not sure about the hunter) would be more interesting if you weren't too grounded to reality, try pushing the boundaries when it comes to designing. And I gotta say that the hunter's face is a bit too "urban/civilized" and does't have much of that Inuit feel, so I would try pushing his facial traits a bit more.
But anyway, it's already looking great, I think you just have to make some subtle changes and I am sure it will look awesome!
(02-20-2012, 11:16 AM)Victor Quaresma Wrote: hey man, I can see your drawings reflect a knowledge of anatomy and movement, the colors are nice and so are the values. I like how bulky his clothes are (to protect him from cold I guess). But I think the monster (not sure about the hunter) would be more interesting if you weren't too grounded to reality, try pushing the boundaries when it comes to designing. And I gotta say that the hunter's face is a bit too "urban/civilized" and does't have much of that Inuit feel, so I would try pushing his facial traits a bit more.
But anyway, it's already looking great, I think you just have to make some subtle changes and I am sure it will look awesome!

Hey thanks, I'll take the points into consideration as I move forward. I don't know if I want to stray too far from realism though for the monster because I like a level of believability in art. I did try to give him a more inuit feel in the face with the much more rounded and "un-heroic" facial structure but I guess I didn't do it enough... I referenced their facial tattooing too :)
Yeah I can see you refd it from the tatoos, the patterns on the suit and that asian look (is it only me that thinks that?) that inuits have ... I'm way too noob yet to point out exactly whats wrong, those were basically the overall feels I had. Though my guess would be messing up a bit his hair ( seems too tidy) , but again, sorry for being a little annoying =P
(02-20-2012, 11:44 AM)Victor Quaresma Wrote: Yeah I can see you refd it from the tatoos, the patterns on the suit and that asian look (is it only me that thinks that?) that inuits have ... I'm way too noob yet to point out exactly whats wrong, those were basically the overall feels I had. Though my guess would be messing up a bit his hair ( seems too tidy) , but again, sorry for being a little annoying =P

Not annoying, I appreciate the thoughts!