Hello, All!
Heart 
My name is Amanda "Mandii" Solano, and I'm certainly pleased to be here!

First, let me tell you a bit about myself: I'm 23 years old, I live in the US (Florida) and I have been dabbling in and practicing art since I've been able to hold a crayon. I've always known that this is what I want to do with my life, and I'm always looking for ways to improve.

I started like many have, imitating what I watched on TV as a child, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, et cetera. I started doing digital art when I was 13, got my first Wacom tablet and Photoshop and had NO IDEA what I was doing for many years. I started out slow--lots of anime work and other 'cartoon-y' subjects of that nature. It wasn't until I reached high school that I became even remotely interested in realism, painting, or mediums other than pencil/ink/marker and digital.

I would describe my current art style as semi-realism, but I am slowly leaning more towards realism as my skills grow with time. My real passion in life is illustration and character design.

Professionally, I have managed small local clientele for Graphic Design work for local (off-internet) businesses and done various commission works through (DeviantART) You will notice that a lot of the art there isn't what I would consider 'current'

Personally, I am here to improve myself and learn from the talented artists here. I am serious about my work, and after a rather long and painful 'hiatus' due to various personal reasons, I am ready to get back in the game. I NEED to get back in the game... seriously. I'm going crazy without having a creative outlet.

I have a long way to go as an artist, I have no illusions about that, and I hope working with my peers and those would I would consider my 'betters' in the industry can help me improve and be the best I can be! Take me out of my comfort zone, I challenge you! :D

Any questions anyone might have, feel free to post here or PM me :)

Cheers!
Welcome Mandii! I hope the forum helps you progress! Looking forward to seeing some recent stuff : )

Comic book creator
Sketchbook
Instagram
Abandoned Hideout Discord Server
Discord: JonR#4453