Othrandir's sketchbook
aaaaaaaaaand today's stuff.I didn't do anything yesterday , so today I was feeling super guilty :D Today was all about art though , so it's good :D

here's some pencils - sketches and studies mashed up together

[Image: scan0007.jpg]

[Image: scan0008.jpg]

[Image: scan0009.jpg]

[Image: scan0010.jpg]

I did some eye studies too ( from photos )
[Image: 19.jpg]

[Image: 15.jpg]

[Image: 16.jpg]

[Image: 17.jpg]

[Image: 18.jpg]

a photo study turned massively bad

[Image: 121.JPG]

a photo study I don't mind , but I was too lazy to finish :D

[Image: 122.JPG]

a digi sketch / portrait - can you believe THAT's supposed to be a woman?!?! Holy crap it doesn't even look human :X I need to work so much more but I'm slackiiiing :(

[Image: 124.JPG]

And another digi sketch from imagination. This one, although it's not really correct anatomicly , I still like it more than the previous one :D Either way...a lot more work is needed everywhere... :\

[Image: 123.JPG]
sketches from imagination and studies from life

[Image: scan0001.jpg]

[Image: scan0002.jpg]

[Image: scan0003.jpg]

[Image: scan0004.jpg]

[Image: scan0005.jpg]

[Image: scan0006.jpg]

super mega terribly wrong awfull sketch
[Image: 125.JPG]

random 10-15 min color studies

[Image: 126.JPG]

[Image: 127.JPG]

[Image: 128.JPG]

[Image: 129.JPG]

shit , I feel like I'm not progressing but getting worse and worse.I gotta work harder , but I feel like shit.Damn.
just a bunch of extremely terrible sketches and studies

[Image: 130.JPG]
new stuff - totally uninspired crap :\ I think I'm going to post better stuff a bit later on...bleh I gotta push through the crappy stuff and get the mojo going again :D

super quick from life ( people in my classroom during school) proportions are fucking terrible.You can see how I was sitting by checking out how slanted the figures are haha

and random again

digi stuff - again uninspired , just doodling

[Image: 132.JPG]

[Image: 131.JPG]

[Image: 133.JPG]

[Image: 135.JPG]

apple logo for kicks haha

[Image: 134.JPG]
woow it's getting pretty lonely over here , isn't it? :D Throw in a comment , or even better a critique! I promise I don't bite :D

anyway...

here's today's stuff ... I took yesterday off :D It was Sunday , which was a sunny day and I felt like rewatching Chuck , Friends , How I met you mother and Leverage :D The whole day ( and part of the night) I did just that and it felt great. No worries for a day. Oh , boy what a blast! :D But then again it's Monday and I'm back in school , which ofcourse is thrice the worries...since it's the end of the school year our weeks are JAMMED with exams and it fucking sucks because I already am in the summer break mood and studying french , biology , chemistry , history , math , bulgarian / french literature physics and all the other shits they make us learn is like the furthest thing on my mind right now...damn :D anywaaay here's some stuff from todays boring classes , bus rides and comfy chair at home :D

usual hands from life

[Image: scan0011.jpg]

[Image: scan0012.jpg]

some sketchbook pages ( I'm starting to get a grain more comfortable with imagination stuff...I have so much more to do to get to the draw-whatever-you-want phase :\ )

still struggling with faces obviously

[Image: scan0013.jpg]

quick animal sketches for fun :P

[Image: scan0014.jpg]

[Image: scan0015.jpg]

a terrible portrait attempt... my digital stuff sucks balls :(

[Image: 136.JPG]

During summer break I'm gonna get more into digital. Right now with school I don't have any time fore digital , more than 1-2 imagination stuff or studies a day...blah , I'm exhausted :\ any whoo see ya next post :D

so here's some stuffs , some of them are studies of other people's work so don't be alarmed I just wanna learn :D

first some quick Loomis to kick things off in the morning

[Image: scan0021.jpg]

and the rest of the sketchy things :D

[Image: scan0016.jpg]

[Image: scan0018.jpg]

this was pretty much the only thing of worth on the page , so I cropped it :D
[Image: scan0017.jpg]

[Image: scan0019.jpg]

[Image: scan0020.jpg]

and a quick 1 hour mountain sketch to try and get back in to environments...I miss them :D

[Image: 34.jpg]

I gotta do more stuff maaan , I hate school :X
here's today's stuff. Not very impressive , but it was fun :D

leg studies from imagination mostly , but there are some from reference and other artists poses. I learned a lot just by thinking of the poses , I think I'll do more :P

some faces ( I swear the proportions look waaaay better in the sketchbook ) :D

yey , more sketches... really having fun these days :P

so here's some of those usual hands to get the pencil moving :D I really like doing them sort of as a warm up for sketching.

more legs . Trying to get the action right. I gotta stop doing from mind and actually do some anatomy studies...First thing tomorrow!

sketches , mostly from mind

50 min sketch to put some color in the post :P

[Image: 137.JPG]
So today was a fun day...filled with legs :D Although it might be a boring post ( I'm sorry about that ) I still learned a lot today , so I'm happy. I continue tomorrow with the leggies and so on. I just wanna rant again about school...I just want it to be oveeeer :( damn I hate those last 20 days of school , when you can basicly smell the salt water in the air , it's freaking hot outside and you're stuck doing tons of exams in a classroom with 24 people in it...and the worst of it all , I have no time to draw!! :( soon..soon..until then ANATOMY! ( because it's the thing you can study best without the need to be absolutely , laser focused on it ) , when school is over though , I'm gonna hit hard the digital side and I also wanna try traditional painting. It's going to be LEGENDARY! :D

blah , blah , today's stuff

Hands to warm up ( I know they're terrible , I just do them now so my hand would get used to the pencil in the beginning )

[Image: scan0011.jpg]

Bridgman studies

[Image: scan0012.jpg]

[Image: scan0013.jpg]

[Image: scan0014.jpg]

[Image: scan0015.jpg]

[Image: scan0018.jpg]

Legs from mind

[Image: scan0016.jpg]

random...

[Image: scan0017.jpg]

and a random super flat creature for fun ( 1 hour )

[Image: 138.JPG]

soooo just some midnight creature sketches...3:20 am here and I couldn't sleep , so what else to do? :D

[Image: scan0019.jpg]

[Image: scan0020.jpg]
Wow, heaps of studies in here! Keep up the hard work Othrandir!^^
Mooeloo - Thanks! :)

aaaaand today's stuff!! :D ( creatures , poses , studies , heads )

hands warm up

[Image: scan0024.jpg]

[Image: scan0021.jpg]

[Image: scan0022.jpg]

[Image: scan0023.jpg]

[Image: scan0025.jpg]

[Image: scan0026.jpg]

[Image: scan0027.jpg]

[Image: scan0028.jpg]

[Image: scan0029.jpg]
Morning fun before school :P

about 1 hour

[Image: 05-1.jpg]

[Image: 05-2.jpg]
just a quick 40 min midnight sketch while on Fartbubbles stream :P

[Image: 139.JPG]
random terrible 1 hr experiment to say goodbye for the next 3 days...goin into the woooods :D:D
should be fun...right?...

[Image: 140.JPG]

c ya! :)
okay I couldn't help myself and I had 15mins more of fun with the last experiment thingy :D aaah I love photoshop!

[Image: 141.JPG]

Now I really gotta run or I'll miss the train :S
So I'm back! Woohooow anatomy weekend , yeey :P Here's all the stuff but it's not in any order , sorry about that , but I'm too tired :D Too bad I couldn't do any digital :( I missed it so much , but I'm here now and my tablet can stop feeling sad :P

[Image: scan0031.jpg]

[Image: scan0032.jpg]

[Image: scan0033.jpg]

[Image: scan0034.jpg]

[Image: scan0035.jpg]

[Image: scan0036.jpg]

[Image: scan0037.jpg]

[Image: scan0038.jpg]

[Image: scan0039.jpg]

[Image: scan0040.jpg]

something to make things more fun :D ( I know the nose is horrifyingly bad :D )

[Image: scan0041.jpg]

[Image: scan0042.jpg]

[Image: scan0044.jpg]

[Image: scan0045.jpg]

[Image: scan0046.jpg]

[Image: scan0047.jpg]

[Image: scan0048.jpg]

[Image: scan0049.jpg]

[Image: scan0050.jpg]

[Image: scan0051.jpg]

[Image: scan0052.jpg]

yeey , I finished my sketchbook and I bought another!! I always get excited when I get a new sketchbook , the feel is awesome :P
I'm sorry about the quality , my scanner refuses to work properly today :/

some poses :P

[Image: DSC03480.JPG]

[Image: DSC03481.JPG]

studies

[Image: DSC03482.JPG]

[Image: DSC03478.JPG]

[Image: DSC03479.JPG]

heads ( I actually don';t know If I posted these already , forgive me if I did)
[Image: DSC03483.JPG]

hands
[Image: DSC03484.JPG]

more heads
[Image: DSC03485.JPG]

some faces

[Image: DSC03486.JPG]

digi stuff

a quick 30 min face sketch , I really like it :D It was just easy and fun painting it , I love that :P

[Image: 142.JPG]

trying to paint a girl again , still failing miserably :(

[Image: 143.JPG]

well , see ya tomorrow :)
You are improving, although sometimes you think you aren't.
I also feel the same way sometimes, that it get's worse whenever I practice more, but it's just because I challenge myself everytime and so it get's more difficult = so it seems uglier :-)
Also lately I have a major 'artblock'! I just don't know what I would draw next (outside the study's I do). Everything seems to be done already ... or so it seems.

Keep working hard ... and good luck!
BlueStar - Thanks a lot for your post! :)

nothing much really , just some sketchbook pages and some digis. Man , too bad I didn't check the paper of that new sketchbook I bought... it's shit!! srsly , it's so terrible I think I can only do lines on it and no shading... if a 2B pencil touches the surface it instantly turns into an 8B wtf... too bad I can't show you the A3 sketchbook , I really liked some stuff in there... anyway , summer is coming and the paper and pencil stuff will be left in the background for a bit anyway :P

here's the pages

and the digis

first some terrible sketches , done in 3 AM , when I was too exhausted to care anyway :D

[Image: 13.jpg]

an environment study

[Image: 35.jpg]

trying out some fun stuff with this photo study. Too bad I got bored and didn't finish it . My anatomy sucks balls as always , I have to work on that sooo much :(

[Image: monika_study.jpg]

and a quick sketch for no reason , I'm just posting it for the quantity I guess :D

[Image: 144.JPG]

damn...that's it??? fuck , I gotta work more , ok bye! :)
so small crappy post today. I've got so little left 'till the end of the school year , I don't want to mess anything up. Turns out I kipped too many classes because of this drawing business and two days ago , I got warned with a transfer to another school. Weirdly scary :D Mostly because of the needless social awkwardness when having to meet new classmates. I'm just gonna lay low this next week and it's going to be fine.

so to fill up space here's this little crappy post :D

random sketchbook pages from imagination ( I think I have 2-3 things copied from random places , should be pretty easy to spot )

50 min study from tonight

[Image: 36.jpg]

and a 30 min sketch before bed :P

[Image: 146.jpg]