Kimonas's Sketchbook
Another viking lady

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-08-2015, 05:23 AM)Kimonas Wrote: Another viking lady

sweet man, nice to see you applying those studies you did :)

only nit pick on the chick is her ribcage could be a bit more rounder were the seratus and latisimus dorsi meet, plus i think itll work wonders for the gesture.

i did a sketch to show what i mean

keep it up man!

Iggytej - hey thanks man, that drawing is useful! Ill try and put in a subtle lat/serratus anterior in there - i guess i maybe trimmed it a bit to make it more feminine - but you are right, a subtle bump there would work.

more stuff- had a break for a bit - gotta get back into it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Well today i tried to get outta the comfort zone of using references - so i was like - ok - lets do some faces from imagination -which were measured with the loomis method. THen i was like - NO i wanna draw goblins and orks! I just started drawing without measuring and this happened and im quite happy! I really like the goblin with the shield - i might render the shit outta him one day

Now i think onto expressions next, ive finished the hamptons will study the fat book on expression by faigin book from now on.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey man, good to see you back in the saddle! :)

What is that Faigin book you mentioned? I've been wondering about how to approach expressions myself.

Good Work on the Gob's n' Orks, we gotta blow of some steam sometimes man - I like the orc in the bottom right the most! :)

Let's get back in the habit of hangouts eh? I've mostly been studying Hampton traditionally, but man I miss the Company.

Ager - hey thanks man! well with expressions - im not sure how to approach - because ive never done it in detail - so, ill study the shit outta this book, which should have some secrets i reckon. Im about a lot of the time just gimmie a holler for hangouts!

so some lame wire heeds (2-3 mins each) and some 5 min orks from around the netz.

Attached Files Image(s)

Really inspiring sketchbook you have here. Love the figures so much :) seeing them makes me wanna study them now myself. Keep it going!!
Love those heads from post 43. Keep it up man!

Angel - Thanks man, that means a lot! have you got a sketchbook?

Rick Richards - thanks man!

Some orks from imagination.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yup I must be somewhere in the list here... Idk if this works XD http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5034
Angel Dude you are doing incredibly well - a lot of studying going on!

its a work night - some sneeky gobbos with some ref.

Attached Files Image(s)

some selfies but also a female ork.

also reading the shit outta Faigin - the intro parts. He has an interesting approach to drawing heads.

I really want to get strong at expression - so much sci/fi fantasy art is spoiled by dead pan faces.

Attached Files Image(s)

so starting the expression studying, but couldnt resist orking.

Attached Files Image(s)

The illustrations at first page are RAD! :)
Had another look through some sketchbooks on this forum, and boy, i need to shift gear. Its tough though doing this and having a job. Has anyone out there actually quit their job to pursue this dream? Im essentially working a 40-44 hour job crammed into 4 days, and i try my best, but ill have to really try harder and set goals for my 'free ' days. By summer im cutting down to three day a week so that should help loads.

so today did lots of theory stuff for expressions from Faigin and also some dwarves from the nets and a female dwarf from imagination for practice.

Attached Files Image(s)

more things - was at my mum so poor quantity of work, but, you have to live sometimes.

Attached Files Image(s)

Woah, great linedrawings man! They look really moving and alive and I especially like how you are not afraid of picturing wrinkles and muscles like I am with lines. Keep on working hard, but don't work yourself to the ground with your job and everything.

Baoto- muscles and wrinkles are good! but dont do them so hard, or it looks off. :)

Slow progress - still expressions - so much info and it gets dull! Cant wait to get through this so i can get going with some more faces!

Im also trying to re-learn things again the day after, i used to do that for medical exams so things would stick in my brain more.

Attached Files Image(s)

more expression stuff and some imagination faces. Not convinced with that open mouth laugh - will have to work on that.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mostly reding the Faigin - some faces paritally from imagination - got my ass kicked - i think part of the problem is that im not used to drawing open mouths - will have to study that seperately me thinks.

Attached Files Image(s)