Agerkvist's Sketchbook - help my plan my escape
Thanks Samszyn, I think you're right about that whole face/side plane thing - it's tricky. Nice rule of thumb with the ear and nose! :)

Ahh Rork, it's never too late to start doing more studies. Just make sure you take stuff with you when doing them. I can sometimes get caught up copying more than studying!

Kimonas! Indeed...ears are no longer a mystery. That's not to say I can now draw then flawlessly from any angle, but at least I now know what's in there :P Thanks man.

Ok bunch of stuff since last upload. Also a few head sketches from my actual physical sketchbook. I sketch every day, at home or at work, but scanning is sort of a chore so I've just picked a few and taken a picture with the old smartphone. I quite like one or two of these, but boy do i need to learn how to shade stuff :) Think I've got 20+ pages with heads from the past month or so, these are just a few of the most recent ones after I've started shading them abit.

Haha also uploading a quicke of Charles Xavier or whatever :P

Thanks for stopping by guys, I really appreciate it :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Oooh, nice job with the nose studies Agerviskt. Don't think I've seen you around Ca or permanoobs in a while.

Thanks alot Butterscotts!

And no, I haven't been much around CA or Permanoobs lately - at Permenoobs I never really got started to be honest. CA was great, but it takes too much time to keep up with sketchbooks, commenting etc. to make sure you get comments yourself -_- I'd rather spend my time practicing.

Was your name the same in those forums? Right now I can't remember, sorry! :)

Stuff from yesterday and tonight. Noses and more heads. I think these are all from imagination actually, just glancing abit at some reference every now and then when I got stuck. Quite pleased with those noses so far Also like the head in the bottom right.

Attached Files Image(s)

Allowed myself to do a few characters from imagination these last few nights. None or very little reference used.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yesterday and today:

Attached Files Image(s)

Looots of studies, yay!
Some of your heads could use a bit more cranial mass I think - the back of the head looks a bit small for the size of the faces. Especially in post #25. Depends a lot on perspective of course, just something to watch out for :)

Keep it up!

SketchbookDeviantartArtblog | Portfolio
Every feedback is appreciated!
(04-04-2015, 07:43 PM)Lyraina Wrote: Looots of studies, yay!
Some of your heads could use a bit more cranial mass I think - the back of the head looks a bit small for the size of the faces. Especially in post #25. Depends a lot on perspective of course, just something to watch out for :)

Keep it up!

Aww I never even replied to this - sorry, I just had too much stuff going one, trying to do several sketchbooks etc. wasnt working out.

Time to try again!

Stuff since last:

Attached Files Image(s)

Just finished this one. Woo! :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Best one yet, man! It's eerie and really interesting to look at. I think that the main thing here is the anatomy of the arms and legs. The shape of the face looks off, as well, but it's passable, since this is an alien-looking being. Looks like a good exercise in value and lighting though! Well done. I like the colours you've chosen!

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Thank you. I worked hard on it and I'm quite pleased with it. But now I start to see all it shortcomings and really want to intensify my studies.

Thanks for stopping by, it means alot :)

Great job with the studies man, they are surely paying off! 
Even though you don't seem to struggle with heads anymore, the Reilly method helped me tons memorizing certain relationships between features, also Michael Hampton (which you already know), Bridgman, Loomis and Proko (which was the responsible for a big leap/eureka in my case some years ago haha).
Looking forward to see more posts (AND ORCS!) from you! :)