Chris Rob's Sketchbook
Very cool to see how diligent you are with your studies. Keep em coming :)

Thanks The Lama, will keep em coming
Daily Studies 13
Feet
[Image: DS13.jpg]

Planning to do an illustration piece , start by doing thumbnail and value studies
[Image: 296_1.jpg]

Daily Studies 14
Gesture studies, 
i realize that my gesture is a bit stiff ,i tried to losen up with my figure drawing
[Image: DS14.jpg]

Cool studies! The gesture is very expressive. Cant't wait to see more progress on your illustration!

Thankyou Nepatogen,

Some design i did for the character on the illustration ,I did the leveling up so i can get a more interesting designs. I'm going do do some more iterations tomorrow
[Image: 298.jpg]
Ive been following Advanced Lighting class by Sam Nielson, heres the assignment for Wk9, line/layout was done by Sam Nielson
[Image: 297_1.jpg]
Daily Studies 15
Gesture
i watched some proko video on gesture before doing this one
[Image: DS15.jpg]

Some more iterations of my character for the illustration, let me know if you guys have any suggestions
[Image: 299.jpg]
Daily Studies 16
Gesture Drawing
[Image: DS16.jpg]

Daily Studies 17
Leyendecker Study
Focusing on the brushwork, noting on how the brushstroke follows the form
[Image: DS17.jpg]

Would be interesting to see you applying those study notes into your own work, after all that's also part of retaining/remembering what you studied, I feel.

I am learning as well, so this is simply my observation after going through your whole sketchbook. So shall leave with a video in regards to "Finish not perfect", that way can maybe push you to start applying those studies/create personal pieces more often ^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRtV-ugIT0k

Keep going, keep practicing, and most importantly keep fighting the good fight, Chris.
Kee

▲ SKETCHBOOK  ▲ WEBSITE▲ 
Hey there Brian Hermelijin , Thanks for the feedback and linking me the video

I always liked Jake parker videos on how to think about art, 
This really applies to me. I always wants everything to be perfect ,which makes  every piece that i did took a long time :P.
I'm currently working on a piece and i will keep that in mind " FINISH NOT PERFECT "

Daily Studies 18
[Image: DS18.jpg]

Daily Studies 19
Female Torso POV
just recently tried DAZ3D , i think i can be a very helpful tool to learn foreshorterning
[Image: DS19.jpg]

Daily Studies 20
Armor/metal painting
[Image: DS20.jpg]

Daily Studies 21
Torso proportions
studying from andrew loomis book "Figure drawing for all it's worth" and proko videos
[Image: DS21.jpg]

Daily Studies 22
Fabric painting study of a photo
[Image: DS22.jpg]

Daily Studies 23
Armor Design Study
Trying to break down design elements from artist illustrations
[Image: DS23.jpg]
Some armor sketches
[Image: 300.jpg]

Daily Studies 24
Hair & Fur photo studies
[Image: DS24.jpg]

Love the Leyendecker study. You could push it even further with the faces, but that's just me bitchin. ;) Furs and fabrics are pretty sweet as well. :)

Why do you complain of your fate when you could so easily change it?
https://www.instagram.com/dev4res/
https://www.artstation.com/artist/devares
http://dev4res.deviantart.com/
Thanks devares for your feedback

Daily Studies 25
Castle - cloud
[Image: DS25.jpg]

Daily Studies 26
Leg form study
 drawn from 3d models on DAZ3D

[Image: DS26.jpg]

Ive been working on a piece for a while now, heres the rough layout for it. I will post the finished piece soon :)
[Image: 301.jpg]
Daily Studies 27
Arm form study
[Image: DS27.jpg]

Awesome studies here Chris. I like the way you are using 3D models as a study aid.

You illustration is looking great - just watch that right thigh (just above the knee) it seems to be slightly chunkier than the left thigh - might just be me though :).

Keep it going - looking forward to more!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook