WIPS! - Bloodsports 7 - Windwaker Reworked!
I'm a bit behind on this one due to some other work I was doing ^^; In any case these are all my thumbs.

[Image: zeldathumbs1.jpg]
[Image: zeldathumbs2.jpg]

After finding the one that worked best (finally), I'm really excited about it. I can now start working on the designs and stuff. Going for a viking/celtic feel.
[Image: zeldacompsketch.jpg]

Hoping to finish my drawing tonight so I can render for the next 3.5 days!
Posted a study and style-test sketch, as well as updated color sketch (EDIT #9)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1522]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1524]

Pleased with the look, may make minor changes in terms of complexity in the colors or blending techniques.
Might post some studies and a WIP of final, but for now this is my sketches. Trying to keep up a good pace to finish by Friday, but might be tough. Some good stuff showing up already, though! You guys do some great work.

I'm going for muted colors for the base, but planning to bring in some bright color accents that will correlate with each character (Link will have some pops of green for instance). As for style, I'm trying to go to realistic, but it will be similar to what is shown in my sketches.

Still need to do some tweaks here and there. I also haven't done any specific studies, I forgot about that. I've just had a lot of references while working on this. I'm going to some bird studies though and change some of the bird.

I also need to work a bit on ganon's armor among other things.

(03-07-2012, 05:26 AM)Conny Nordlund Wrote: Still need to do some tweaks here and there. I also haven't done any specific studies, I forgot about that. I've just had a lot of references while working on this. I'm going to some bird studies though and change some of the bird.

You may also want to consider correcting your title: "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker"
(unless of course, calling it "Wind Maker" was your intention)
Sup guys! Awesome work going on here. This'll be my first entry! :D

[Image: BLOODSPRTS7-3.jpg]
the waves on the link side are just a placeholder
(03-07-2012, 05:29 AM)Mikel Butler Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 05:26 AM)Conny Nordlund Wrote: Still need to do some tweaks here and there. I also haven't done any specific studies, I forgot about that. I've just had a lot of references while working on this. I'm going to some bird studies though and change some of the bird.

You may also want to consider correcting your title: "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker"
(unless of course, calling it "Wind Maker" was your intention)

oh lol. My ignorance shows through on this challenge. I know nothing about this game.

The title is easy to change though, it's just there for placement. It won't be there on the final.

Ship painting study, in the style I'd like to render the painting:

[Image: 20120307-duedg8shjsperq9uqhtriqdt4.jpg]

A study of the style I want to use for the ship's mast:

[Image: 20120307-rfywi36uahg9n37dj4gka61p9i.preview.jpg]
(03-07-2012, 03:41 PM)Vertical Wrote: Sup guys! Awesome work going on here. This'll be my first entry! :D

Hey, I know it's not finished yet, but isn't Zelda appearence required in the challenge? :P

Anyways, nice comp!

(03-08-2012, 09:05 AM)mateusrocha Wrote:
(03-07-2012, 03:41 PM)Vertical Wrote: Sup guys! Awesome work going on here. This'll be my first entry! :D

. . . isn't Zelda appearence required in the challenge?

If you look closely on the left half in the back, Zelda's in a portrait to the left of the Link statue. (I thought the same thing too)
More Comps:
[Image: 20120309-3u311d594qdjj9jbkqx1mpnkq.preview.jpg]

[Image: 20120309-bfhgj14g8h3fdt9sxxep52ru2k.preview.jpg]

[Image: 20120309-8wsmaphgffa9ewn2ctnh5s19fm.preview.jpg]

WIPs:
[Image: 20120307-tiirjtx232dw5qqe49a1shri97.preview.jpg]

[Image: 20120307-df3k8afsjdick2fkqw5924rke7.preview.jpg]

[Image: 20120308-kk5ajeky3eh3y7eqktfn3t3p5w.preview.jpg]

Final is posted in the finals thread!
some wips i didnt lose to my computer virus
[Image: PrincessZelda.jpg]
[Image: LinkHelmetIdeas-1.jpg]