My Derp-tastic Sketchbook
Here is the home of my (near) daily sketches - starting today! I'm not super rad at this stuff yet but I love looking at everyone's work from all different levels and I'm happy to contribute and hopefully see some progress of my own.  I feel like I'm still at the beginning of an artistic journey, and I'm stoked to find out where it takes me. Sucking at something you love is pretty rough, but I know I'm in good company as everyone at every level struggles.

Attached Files Image(s)

Just remember the wise words of Jake the Dog:

[Image: 8797266167c34c67372ab7887cfdea2a303f2ef6...a3f9da.jpg]

Welcome to CD! Keep posting!

Here are a few recent sketches from my little sketchbook I carry around.  The values are kind of weak, but the likenesses in the portraits are recognizeable at least!

Attached Files Image(s)

You're already making marked improvement! It especially shows in the Princess Bride and planar drawings. Just tighten up your lines a little and keep working on values, and you'll be awesome in no time! :D

Another Day, another sketch! I went to some costumed gesture drawing yesterday and this was my warm up.  Maybe i'll curate the results and post those too.

Attached Files Image(s)

(07-10-2015, 12:51 AM)Zerpdederp Wrote: Another Day, another sketch! I went to some costumed gesture drawing yesterday and this was my warm up.  Maybe i'll curate the results and post those too.

Dew eet! Your drawings are great so far!

It's been a few days since I posted, but I've been sketching and started a little study painting of mr. Bones there. Still getting back in the groove of drawing daily, and fighting how much I think I suck every time I commit to anything - but I'm fighting the good fight to get work out in order to get better, and just have more fun in general.

Attached Files Image(s)

I get that feeling a lot; to me it's a lot more like procrastination. Tightening up your values in your sketching looks like it served you extremely well. Nice work so far!