Rhasdra's mess
Oh wow! Thank you so much for the comments guys!

@iamorim: o/

@ZombieChinchilla: Isn't it? I'm kind of feeling bad that I didn't reworked my thor yet... But there's a reason:

I will soon be working on the moodboards and landscape of an upcoming indie cartoon! I will also make it into my college's final assignment... or... course completion assignment? SO, I'm putting some extra work on my sketching abilities xD

So.. here's my latest highlights:

Some master studies, and pretty stuff studies:

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2147814&d=1441582442]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2147805&d=1441582416]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2147802&d=1441582416]

Photo study
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2147813&d=1441582442]

Lineart sketching! Working on my caricature skills... I suck so much at it ://
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2147811&d=1441582416]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2147810&d=1441582416]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2147809&d=1441582416]

Painting sketches!
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2147801&d=1441582416]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2147803&d=1441582416]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2147804&d=1441582416]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2147812&d=1441582442]

And some stuff I did for my gf deviantart contest!
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2147807&d=1441582416]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2147806&d=1441582416]

I guess I should post here more often, to avoid this massive posts! HAHA
I'll try to do it once a week from now on!

Ah wow, great variety here on page 2! You are really pushing up to the stars, Rhas. Grin

My favourite has to be that adorable, yet confused-looking pup, haha. Awesome!

Keep working at it! You're really showing improvement!

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
@Sketchosoph: Thanks! Dice Tsutsumi is always an inspiration HAHA
Also thank you for noticing the little Orko painting! I am experimenting a lot with brushes lately, kind of building my own set. And that's one that I'm having trouble with... I don't know why, but I can't get along with soft rounds. I'm at the moment experimenting some textured brushes to do those transitions. It feels more like oils

@Bookend: Thank you so much! He's my favourite too, and also, his name is Pugleg. Gotta love him HAHAHAHAA

Oh man what a cute sketchbook. Every new post is a joy :c

Good job on these smaller studies! If I could offer one piece of advice, it's slow down -- study the shapes a bit more carefully. I can definitely see improvement in shape recognition as you move on, though, so you probably caught on to that already!

I want to see more of Pugleg!

Thank you so much Vlada!
I can make more effort on the subject! Thank you for pointing it out!

SO, this week I embarked on a journey on learning to draw trees... because I really really suck at it, and I'll have to concept some forests soon.. so here's my progress so far, in chronological order! 

Any critique will be greatly appreciated!

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2149046&d=1442183791]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2149047&d=1442183791]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2149045&d=1442183791]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2149044&d=1442183791]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2149043&d=1442183791]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2149048&d=1442183791]

And some witch-doctor silhouettes practice to break it a little! Tried to think on a light, medium and heavy versions
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2149042&d=1442183791]

You have some really nice stuff in here. Good amount and variety of studies, I really like that approach.

How much time do you spend on average on one study? I'd love to see a master study on which you'd spend 3-4 times more time than usual, even up to 5 hours if neccesary, to bring it to highest level of finish and likenes you possibly can. I used to have a tendency to rush most of my studiess, while quick studies are usually more effective, doing a long study once in a while can be very beneficial.

Anyway keep up the great work :)

(09-20-2015, 02:54 AM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: You have some really nice stuff in here. Good amount and variety of studies, I really like that approach.

How much time do you spend on average on one study? I'd love to see a master study on which you'd spend 3-4 times more time than usual, even up to 5 hours if neccesary, to bring it to highest level of finish and likenes you possibly can. I used to have a tendency to rush most of my studiess, while quick studies are usually more effective, doing a long study once in a while can be very beneficial.

Anyway keep up the great work :)

I spend about... 1~2 hours on the studies, because that's pretty much the time I have to spend each day. I'm also trying to keep up a blog where I post one study every day... I got 250ish days without missing so far! So... I can wait until next weekend and try to nail a 5~6 hours study down!

I don't like whining, but college work takes about 60% of my free time, and very often even on the weekends. And I'll also start working as a trainee soon... I have no idea on how I'll manage my time, if I can actually manage it. Have anyone had similar experiences? ://

Anyway, sorry about that. Thank you so much for the kind words! I'll try my best to lay one big study down! It's about... 4~5 months since I did the last one!

Nice job on the tree studies. I really like Orko as well.
(09-20-2015, 05:18 PM)Rhasdra Wrote: I spend about... 1~2 hours on the studies, because that's pretty much the time I have to spend each day. I'm also trying to keep up a blog where I post one study every day... I got 250ish days without missing so far! So... I can wait until next weekend and try to nail a 5~6 hours study down!

I don't like whining, but college work takes about 60% of my free time, and very often even on the weekends. And I'll also start working as a trainee soon... I have no idea on how I'll manage my time, if I can actually manage it. Have anyone had similar experiences? ://

Anyway, sorry about that. Thank you so much for the kind words! I'll try my best to lay one big study down! It's about... 4~5 months since I did the last one!
That's great you're so consistent in your work. Perseverance is the key to great achievements :)
I think it mighjt be actually quite benefitial to split a long study into 2/3 parts because I guarantee you will notice mistakes you did not see the previous day. Sometimes it's good to take a break from painting a certain thing, do something else and then return to it with a fresh perspective.

What is the focus of your graphic design profile in collage. Is it art related or maybe more functional?

Absolutely gorgeous treees. I love trees, Rhas. Thanks for doin' 'em. Grin

My favourite one is the large low hanging limb one. Thumbs_up

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Nice progress! I want to compliment you on the pug picture. It's super cute and you showed some derpy emotion on its face which is really cool and sweet! Keep up the good work, hoping to see more soon :)
First of all, I'd like to thank you all! I really appreciate your support <3

(09-21-2015, 01:09 AM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: That's great you're so consistent in your work. Perseverance is the key to great achievements :)
I think it mighjt be actually quite benefitial to split a long study into 2/3 parts because I guarantee you will notice mistakes you did not see the previous day. Sometimes it's good to take a break from painting a certain thing, do something else and then return to it with a fresh perspective.

What is the focus of your graphic design profile in collage. Is it art related or maybe more functional?

Will do! I totally agree, thank you so much!

About the college, I guess the course is more functional. Not very sure what that means, but we never had any form of the "traditional art classes". 90% of my class don't even know how to hold a pencil, and they don't need to.

But we have somewhat of an artistic freedom on our projects. If I want to do a illustrated book, I can... But for example, this semester we got to do a 96 pages book... For one of the classes. There's 7 more asking things too... so... gotta cut time consuming things, like illustrating.

(09-21-2015, 05:22 PM)Sketchosoph Wrote: Hah, those tree-studies are gorgeous. Have you ever painted with oils or acrylics? Your digital strokes  have a traditional vibe. 

Just one thing:
I know, the main focus is the big tree. But: the buildings seems a bit odd. Almost isometric.
Your horizon line should be higher. Besides of that: beatiful.

The witch-doctors
Cool designs. Feng would praise you because you did three variations of your character.
Keep it up!
Sketch

I have a veeery short experience with oils. But I try to keep my digital approach as close as traditional as possible! I'm kind of training for the future, when I have my own place I'll really dive into traditional mediums HAHA

I just love the traditional feel, and I'm actively trying to capture that in my digital work. That also forces me to avoid the digital "cheating" methods, like color dodging... I guess that's beneficial HAHAHA

And thank you for the kind words! (also uncle Feng teached me to do that HAHA)

Ok! This week's stuff!

Well, there's some different things than usual.. I started working on that animation project I told you guys about! And here's the first concepts I'm doing!

Some characters silhouettes experimentation:

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2150694&d=1442874309]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2150693&d=1442874309]

This one got approved already!! There's an alternate version too! Click Here c:
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2150697&d=1442874309]

Some mood Sketches:
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2150701&d=1442874446]

And some miscelaneous sketches:
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2150695&d=1442874309]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2150696&d=1442874309]

I really like the third little guy. It's funny that you can clearly see my trace warming up HAHAHA
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2150698&d=1442874309]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2150699&d=1442874309]

Oh wow, uhm yeah... i have nothing constructive to say sadly :D I'm way behind on skill level but goodness me, your sketchbook is beautiful! I love the painterly feel to your pieces, and the cartoon sketches are adorable.

I guess the only thing to say is keep working!

very nice line work!!
the rabbit it epic
A huge improvement from you lately
Those animals /10
Great variety of work you have here! I especially like the beautiful colors and brushstrokes.
I'd also like to say that I envy your perseverance with studies and that I learned a lot by looking at your paintings and reading the feedback you received!
Keep up the great work! :)

Heeeeey guys! I'm back!

The work was killing me in addition to college, and projects and break ups... But here I am, alive! ...kinda

So, I'm not yet allowed to post the concept work of the movie i've been working on, but it was such a wonderful experience! I got to experiment a lot and explore areas I've never really get into. I'll spam you guys as soon as I can

I also jumped off of that another animation project I was working on, so I could take this whole year and work on a project of my own!

I'll create a fantasy world and paint a series of illustrations trying to tell a short story. So far I've created some cities and some characters, and this fella right here will be the main character:

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2185652&d=1459722556]

He's a little axolotl that lives on an arabic-esque merchant town... he does not have a name yet, feel free to give suggestions!

I dont think your line art suck man! Your insect , fish and rabbit are great. Post more of them !

Hey, welcome back. If you work on movies/animation then probably the latest Crimson Crucible challenge is right up your alley. You should check it out :)

Cool sketchbook man! :) You have a nice variety of work here. Just keep on going and you'll reach your goals. Looking forward to seeing your next post.

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!