Rotten's Pocket
It's been awhile since I flipped through your sketchbook Rotten. 

It's so inspiring to see the work you're putting into each piece.  Thumbs_up

<3 Thanks for stopping by as always, 

Once again was late on a challenge - the CHOW has been extended but I have done what I can with this one. I reckon I would change the tentacled to curl around and look more like they're supporting a heavy weight for the book, and pay more attention to costume... Save that energy for the next one...

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Awesome! Love that a lot. It really captures the vibe. I'm going to try and get one drawn, too.

Great work with your latest, really strong character design there, very well drawn!

Thanks both of ya - I do want to participate more in group challenges I dropped the ball on the last one.

I managed to get the ball rolling this morning though and put some lines down...

Originally was meant to be a Naga but at the same time mermaid fits better me thinks...

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

That's awesome. The drawing of the goat leg, and the way her fin curls around is really beautiful.

Thanks Joseph

I'm calling it on this one. I think I was eager to finish this among a very bad week...It's OK...if I only took some more time to embellish the underdrawing first I think I would have had a massive improvement

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

So we hit the force restart button on this one. 

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Bloop...

Still not very focused but it's something.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Incredible linework there, love how you tackled the characters and the detailing is insane!

Thank you, probably too focused on the little things again that I didn't see the overall shape still needed work. 

---

Good Golly Gosh I do believe these classify as studies...

Started as a warm up, decided to just do a whole bunch of small mini paintings of seafood ingredients.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Nice work! They look delicious!

Rotten, I really think you should look at doing editorial illustration for food magazines/articles, I watch Holly Exley's videos and there's definitely a market and your renderings look great!
Thanks, for the recommendation! I've subscribed. I follow a few like her, Minnie Smalls and a few botanical illustrators. 

I ended up having stickers made, so it was a fun little mini project. I'm back at my day job now so I will have to make time for the next one. 

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

OMG! I LOOOOOVE the SHRIIIIIMP AND LEMONS! So cool!

They remind me of old Victorian wood engravings, but coloured. Deffo would look in to setting up a shop to sell them. Etsy, seems like the easiest. These are all digital, right. No problem, I came across her when I was thinking about the sorts of careers illustrators can go into.
They came out great, very rich illustrations with some great detail work!

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I've poked around at POD services again. I think I'm also wanting to hold out for artwisp/ art page to go live for an all in one website. 

I haven't done anything else since these experiments. I've been sick and when I'm not I'm a corporate zombie. Couldn't get a hold of any new ideas or a good foundation from previous sketches, so I've hacked and rehashed this one.

Still wanted an overwhelming amount of feathers and this time took ,y blinders off and didn't half arse it by mirroring. The sword didn't make any sense with the sheath being shorter than the blade so working on making that longer and more Arthuran design later. Re,over the crown, felt like it needed something, didn't want to mus the hair, made a floaty halo crown. So now it's like an achievement angel, you pick one of three objects as a boon. Power wisdom or courage kinda deal. Costume edited to something more romantic. The other had started off based on a lot of tudor costume but now more fantasy, and just fashion rules in general with using repeated form throughout the piece like the frill. Fixed the face, which I obviously didn't care ,uch about before. Anyway, it's kept me occupied this week so far.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

I'm just killing time with this again, reworking the same thing over and over. I didn't quite get over whatever bug I had and it developed into a bad case of bronchitis so I just noodled around while wheezing and coughing my lungs out  Thumbs_up at some point I need to start making money again as I'm pretty sure I've used up all my sick leave, so I'll shelve this one again as I hook up my work from home setup. I could probably redo the wings, using some feathers sampled from what I've got there, to get more consistent shapes. I did the same lace detail as the first version but I think I can remove it, put some piping or other trim there instead. Anyway, It's not new or amazing but it's something and I have a low bar these days.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

When I grow up I want to draw hair as you do. Then I'll aim for the feathers, a century later.
Get better soon and keep creating!