Grinding
Day 3

Attached Files Image(s)

Good progress!

One thing I notice, is that you're lacking confidence... Can you see how your trace is waay better in your gesture sketches? I'll say that it's because when you do them, the pressure is off... it's just a sketch! So you loose yourself.

Soo... Confidence training! In the inktober vibe, I'd like you to make some drawings, studies, whatever, DIRECTLY WITH PEN. Do not stutter, do not make those "hairy" lines. GO FOR IT. Make tons of quick studies, 99,5% of them will be god awful, that's ok... You don't even need to post them.

I just want you to really loosen yourself, let the drawing itself guide you, let the flow take you!

Take a look on videos of Kim Jung Gi drawing for inspiration! I want you drawing like that by the end of the month. HAHA

Good luck, and don't forget to always have fun!

(10-04-2015, 04:14 PM)Rhasdra Wrote: Good progress!

One thing I notice, is that you're lacking confidence... Can you see how your trace is waay better in your gesture sketches? I'll say that it's because when you do them, the pressure is off... it's just a sketch! So you loose yourself.

Soo... Confidence training! In the inktober vibe, I'd like you to make some drawings, studies, whatever, DIRECTLY WITH PEN. Do not stutter, do not make those "hairy" lines. GO FOR IT. Make tons of quick studies, 99,5% of them will be god awful, that's ok... You don't even need to post them.

I just want you to really loosen yourself, let the drawing itself guide you, let the flow take you!

Take a look on videos of Kim Jung Gi drawing for inspiration! I want you drawing like that by the end of the month. HAHA

Good luck, and don't forget to always have fun!

Got it! Starting tomorrow, my Inktober sketches will be drawn with only pen or marker!

Attached Files Image(s)

hey glad to see you're doing inktober, going straight to ink is gonna help your line confidence loads, i've been whimping out and pencil sketching first!

you should post up your drawings in the inktober thread man;

http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-6861-page-2.html

@lurch Thanks for posting that link! I'll post my Inktober stuff in there later.

A long study in progress.

Attached Files Image(s)

The Inktober sketch is made up of two different blacks...LOL  Also still doing that long study I started Sunday.

Attached Files Image(s)

New stuff

Attached Files Image(s)

Almost done! Kinda...

Attached Files Image(s)

Closer...

Attached Files Image(s)

I messed up, but I have to move on... I've been doing this plate for a while now!

Attached Files Image(s)

Back to head drawings for a little bit.

Attached Files Image(s)

heads

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm far from proficient at portraiture but my major leaps since studying it have been during bouts of high quantity work in which I create a large quantity (lets say 10 5 minute sketches) and then analyze to find a common error. I then spend the next hour or so fixing that error and I continuously run in that circle when I have the discipline to do it.

It's something to consider. Good luck with your portraiture studies!

The bargue plates are looking great.
Thank you Pax, I will!

More head drawings where I tried to contain the features within the brow.

Attached Files Image(s)

focusing Hands/ palms lately.

Attached Files Image(s)

More hands/palms

I miss sized one picture hehehe.

Attached Files Image(s)

You are rapidly gaining drawing mileage, man: fantastic. Keep the momentum going but above all, remain consistent. Continue to build discipline through the studies. Discipline will keep you going when your motivation and interest hits a dry spell. Discipline is key.

What are your short term goals at this point in time? I ask this because without the intent on layering this practice onto real life application, your practice will be more of a case of spinning your wheels oppose to deliberate action. If you haven't already, establish a frame of reference for your goal (who do you admire? what does her work look like? did she achieve your goal?) and work DELIBERATELY through your studies with the intent on reaching said goals. It's very difficult to work in such a manner when you have the illusion of limitless time at the tips of your fingers (i'm assuming you are still under the guidance of your guardians) but if you take advantage of your position in life now, it will be much muuuuuuch easier as you grow older, for those good habits would have stayed with you.

Maintain the momentum! Work deliberately/establish goals! Good luck!

Sketchbook 1   -    Sketchbook 2   -   Tumblr
Wow, thanks for the advice and for stopping by Jaktraytr!

So, I have been focusing on feet. And just like the hand studies I elected to focus on certain parts, so you won't see any toes.

Attached Files Image(s)

Moon, good night good night.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some one minute gestures, tried to add more volume.

Attached Files Image(s)