Grinding
Hi guys, welcome to my sketch book! Here to improve my drawing skills obviously.

This week I have been focusing on gesture drawing, utilizing Glenn Vilppu's drawing manual. I also have a figure drawing book by Andrew Loomis.

Here are some drawings from the day before.

Attached Files Image(s)

Today's drawings

Attached Files Image(s)

Today

Attached Files Image(s)

Okay some more.

Attached Files Image(s)

Going to post something other than gesture drawings soon. I'm just working out a new drawing schedule for myself.
Went outside to draw this time, should draw a bit bigger next  time. Oh, and I got bug guts on my drawing to.

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome to daggers, keep pushing out figuredrawings.

Hello, welcome :) Nice start with them gestures. Are they timed?

Welcome to Daggers sweetie. Nice gesture. Look forward to more from you :D

© missimoinsane:  Daggers Sketchbook  |  deviantART  |  Facebook Page  |  Personal Webpage 
Hey, great gestures! I think your particular style would lend itself really well to some Bridgman studies-- That man's got flow down to a science. I think it should click for you. Thumbs_up Keep up the great work!

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Quote:Hey, great gestures! I think your particular style would lend itself really well to some Bridgman studies-- That man's got flow down to a science. I think it should click for you. [Image: thumbs_up.png] Keep up the great work!

Thank you Bookend! I think my library has some Bridgman books, so I'll check those out when I get a chance. Also thanks for checking out my sketchbook everyone . That means a lot to me. 

Anyway, I've been trying to draw simplified skulls.  It has proven to be a very difficult exercise, but I'm sure it will payoff for me

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-20-2015, 02:32 PM)CoreyH Wrote: Hello, welcome :) Nice start with them gestures. Are they timed?

Yes! From 30 to 60 seconds, I should try to do some drawing in public sometime. Drawing people actually doing stuff is a very different experience from drawing a model.
Uuuggh, some more skulls.

Attached Files Image(s)

Perspective practice.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice studies man! Keep pushing!

And don't forget to always draw a little of your imagination!

(08-24-2015, 11:47 AM)Rhasdra Wrote: Nice studies man! Keep pushing!

And don't forget to always draw a little of your imagination!

Thanks! I definitely will!

Here is a huge batch of drawings.

Attached Files Image(s)

Keep on posting buddy, hope to see how far you progress 3 months from now. :)!
Good stuff but make sure to supplement the gestures with anatomy studies. Keep it up!

some fan art of Rell from Halogen!

Attached Files Image(s)

You definitely have loose gestures in your arsenal, but try to apply general anatomy studies or just flesh it out more. It's one thing to draw an expressive line and another to illustrate that movement through the human form as correctly as possible. Keep at it!

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida