Sketchbook 2.0
That's some serious sweet landscapes and creatures, the latest one kinda reminds me of a Gronckle heh.
+1 for that amazing Brushwork of yours!!
Also great sense of light/ form...very enjoyable sketchbook you have.

Photoshop CC2015 / MacBook Pro
Procreate / iPad Pro
My SB: nutriman's quest for awesomeness
(02-09-2016, 03:38 PM)DQ_Nick Wrote: The "Can I Borrow Your Phone" piece is hilarious. I can't help but wonder why the red balloon?
Nevertheless, he way you painted the foliage is beautiful.
Thank you :)
Yeah that baloon was a last minute addition because I thought it would be a good eye-catcher. But now I think it looks quite stupid and unecessary.
(02-09-2016, 05:14 PM)Mayroo Wrote: Damn your landscapes and your monkeys are so great :D I love your brushwork !
Thank you. Having a good brushwork is a goal of mine, but I'm still not there yet.
(02-09-2016, 05:32 PM)Leesment Wrote: That's some serious sweet landscapes and creatures, the latest one kinda reminds me of a Gronckle  heh.
Thanks. Yeah, now when I look at it, it looks like Gronckle. Same dumb smile :)
(02-10-2016, 12:20 AM)nutriman Wrote: +1 for that amazing Brushwork of yours!!
Also great sense of light/ form...very enjoyable sketchbook you have.
Thank you, sir :)

Below some simple studies of rocky landscape planes in perspective for the materials study group

Attached Files Image(s)

some stuff

Attached Files Image(s)

hey piotr
really love your work [Image: in%20love.png] 
i have a question how you paint those clouds man.
and how you achieve that sexy glowing effect ?
is that dodge brush i tried to use it but it destroys my values.

Hey, thank you for kind words.

As for clouds, it's a matter of doing many studies until you grasp the understanding of cloud formation.

I'm not sure to which glowing effect you're reffering to, but it can be painted on normal layer as well as by using overlay, soft light, hard light, color dodge and another layer mode I forgot the name. It would depend on what you're painting. With dodge you have to be especially careful, it's probably best to set it to low strenght and so it would affect mainly highlights. If you're using color dodge layer, use a color close to black, that way it won't go over the top with values.

Some very inspiring work here, I'm really impressed with how you render environments, seems like it comes quite natural for you. Really enjoy some of those creature designs as well, hope to see more!

Great stuff so far man! Very nice studies and environments. You seem to really have texture down. It might be cool to see how you can use texture contrast in your pieces to guide the eye by making some things really textured and some things not so much. Something that's not very textured in a really textured piece can attract the eye and vice versa. I think someone with your skill for texture, using it to your advantage, for contrast and composition will really make your pieces pop! Looking forward to seeing more!

sketchbook
Is 12% hippy
We got this!
@cgmythology: thank you for the kind words

@Wingal: Thank you and that is a very good piece of advice.

Below some studies. It's quite troublesome to attach all those images so I won't post everything.

Two studies are from my live stream http://www.twitch.tv/piotr_jasielski

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey! Fantastic studies. You're developing really good sense of color with these.

Also good to see there is someone else from Poland on the forums :).

Cheers.
(03-01-2016, 12:19 PM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: Below some studies. It's quite troublesome to attach all those images so I won't post everything.

About the last painting: I can say with no doubt that on the original image the focal point is on the water. My eyes won't even leave this area. In your painting my first look were on the top right corner and then i looked at the water. I think you need to add more contrast to the water to pop it out more.

Other than that, you did a really good job on your studies! I can see the improvement! You rock!

The Way Of The S4MURAI  (sketchbook)
Broooooooooooooooooo!

I was perving all up in your sketchbook this morning but forgot to leave a comment after being distracted for so long looking at the juiciness of your brushstrokes... goddammit man!
But here I am, to do nothing but exactly what ... I uh... I ...

... what were we talking about?

uh.

STOP MAKING THE PRETTY THINGS. SO PRETTY.
and

Oh hey, many a thank you and a +rep for you good sir; The Crimson Crucible has got me like:
[Image: jFTusdv.gif]

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Beautiful sketchbook, man! You've got it all: lighting, composition, storytelling, values, color, texture, etc.! I think you could just study a bit more the human body construction because it kind of stands down with the super high quality of everything else.
I'm very jealous of the quality of work you have here, and I also want to point out that your clouds and brushwork are really damn sexy. :D

I especially love post #44 and the the tree painting in the last post. It's understood that you are enjoying painting nature because they are amazing! Maybe in the later posts you can put your creatures/characters in those spooky forests or the edges of cliffs? It would be very sexy with your brush-strokes for sure haha

Hey, sorry for not responding for so long, but I was pretty busy.

Lately I do mostly basic studies focusing on fundamentals so there is not much interesting to show. Below some new studies (I have no patience to upload all that crap) and some older ones I forgot to post.

(03-06-2016, 10:33 AM)Farvus Wrote: Hey! Fantastic studies. You're developing really good sense of color with these.

Also good to see there is someone else from Poland on the forums :).

Cheers.
Hey, thanks. That's great to know. Pozdrawiam :)
(03-06-2016, 06:22 PM)S4MURAI_CAT Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 12:19 PM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: Below some studies. It's quite troublesome to attach all those images so I won't post everything.

About the last painting: I can say with no doubt that on the original image the focal point is on the water. My eyes won't even leave this area. In your painting my first look were on the top right corner and then i looked at the water. I think you need to add more contrast to the water to pop it out more.

Other than that, you did a really good job on your studies! I can see the improvement! You rock!
Yes, you're absolutely right. I actually lightened the water with color dodge layer but it seems I somehow forgot to save it :P

Thanks!
(03-08-2016, 04:21 AM)smrr Wrote: Broooooooooooooooooo!

I was perving all up in your sketchbook this morning but forgot to leave a comment after being distracted for so long looking at the juiciness of your brushstrokes... goddammit man!
But here I am, to do nothing but exactly what ... I uh... I ...

... what were we talking about?

uh.

STOP MAKING THE PRETTY THINGS. SO PRETTY.
and

Oh hey, many a thank you and a +rep for you good sir; The Crimson Crucible has got me like:
Haha, thanks a lot. I swear you like this forum's positive spirit (with ADHD) :D
(03-09-2016, 01:59 AM)Amaral Wrote: Beautiful sketchbook, man! You've got it all: lighting, composition, storytelling, values, color, texture, etc.! I think you could just study a bit more the human body construction because it kind of stands down with the super high quality of everything else.
I'm very jealous of the quality of work you have here, and I also want to point out that your clouds and brushwork are really damn sexy. :D
Thank you. I know my body construction sucks, I'm kind of mad at myself for neglecting anatomy studies. It's the painting part that I love. Sketching stuff, especially human body frustrates me a lot. I'm working on it though.
(03-10-2016, 02:09 AM)PurpleScissors Wrote: I especially love post #44 and the the tree painting in the last post. It's understood that you are enjoying painting nature because they are amazing! Maybe in the later posts you can put your creatures/characters in those spooky forests or the edges of cliffs? It would be very sexy with your brush-strokes for sure haha
I'll surely post some characters and creatures. For now I'm focusing on the basic studies to fix my fundamentals. Thanks :)

Attached Files Image(s)

like all the nature studies you've been doing all your paintings have a natural brush strokey like feel. I like that

Your environment studies are beautiful! The colours are coming through really well. I think at the moment what your pieces seem to be lacking is a clear lighting set-up? Pushing through some different lighting would really help sell some of the 3D setups. It's understandable that you're p. focused on materials at the moment and they're looking great, but something to consider in the future (:

HI Piotr,

Thanks for the kind words in my sketchbook. Your work is great! I really like the way you handle textures. I don't know how big your reference for the Frederic Church painting was, but I think you would benefit from seeing the painting up close to really see all those juicy textural strokes he used. HERE's a link to a fairly larger version.

-Sketchbook-
"... for drawing is a thinking person's art." - Walt Stanchfield.
(03-15-2016, 02:35 AM)Jamesxwu Wrote: like all the nature studies you've been doing all your paintings have a natural brush strokey like feel. I like that
(03-23-2016, 04:04 PM)Eristhe Wrote: Your environment studies are beautiful! The colours are coming through really well. I think at the moment what your pieces seem to be lacking is a clear lighting set-up? Pushing through some different lighting would really help sell some of the 3D setups. It's understandable that you're p. focused on materials at the moment and they're looking great, but something to consider in the future (:
Thanks. Yes I wasn't focusing on the light source, just the basic form, but sure I will work on that.
(04-13-2016, 01:09 PM)JavierP Wrote: HI Piotr,

Thanks for the kind words in my sketchbook. Your work is great! I really like the way you handle textures. I don't know how big your reference for the Frederic Church painting was, but I think you would benefit from seeing the painting up close to really see all those juicy textural strokes he used. HERE's a link to a fairly larger version.
Hey thanks, I don't remember how big my ref was, I was focusing on big shapes and form in this one. It's great to have a bigger sample though to see the details, thanks :)

---
sorry for no being active recenty. I had a lot of stuff going on.

below some doodles i actually saved (I'm not saving most of them lately, feels like a waste of space and time) and then some are too big and I'm too lazy to resize them...

edit: a sketch I plan to finish on stream today (hopefully)

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Piotr, nice SB you got going here. :) *flashes on Star Trek* YOU KLINGON BASTARDS, YOU KILLED MY BROTHER PIOTR!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DAWCq67U6w :D

Anyway, lots of cool stuff here, I'm officially intimidated. ;u; But I must say that I'm surprised by the sketchy nature of your sketches. I keep falling into the assumption that you guys make beautiful, finished artworks all the time, but it looks like that is utterly untrue! I guess a lot of work, sketches, and study like behind every finished artwork you see.

"Drawing is a skill like hammering a nail. You might not be great at it yet, but there is nothing stopping you from gettin' down and hammering away." -Irshad Karim

Sketchbook!