Felix's road to freedom
Stuff from today, I tried rendering the figure...and failed imo, gotta try it more and more.

[Image: tumblr_oudrt1NFqF1ssl9kko1_540.jpg]

Yesterday I had a realization that I've been lazy the past months, I really want to push further.
Today I tried to add muscles like when I started studying more seriously, not totally happy with it but oh well gotta keep at it! :D

[Image: tumblr_ouhcyk17qY1ssl9kko1_540.jpg]

Hi Guys, Here's stuff from the last week, I did a couple full chars to start designing chars and not only drawing them naked for study purposes.

[Image: tumblr_ov3hm0UWhn1ssl9kko1_540.png]
[Image: tumblr_ov3hm0UWhn1ssl9kko2_400.png]
[Image: tumblr_ov3hm0UWhn1ssl9kko3_400.png]
[Image: tumblr_ov3hm0UWhn1ssl9kko4_540.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ov3hm0UWhn1ssl9kko5_540.jpg]

Stuff from the past couple days:
[Image: tumblr_ov7a3g2gRw1ssl9kko1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_ov7a3g2gRw1ssl9kko2_540.png]
[Image: tumblr_ov7a3g2gRw1ssl9kko3_540.jpg]

Here some more anatomy stuff:
[Image: tumblr_ov9lkuXzIL1ssl9kko7_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ov9lkuXzIL1ssl9kko6_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ov9lkuXzIL1ssl9kko4_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ov9lkuXzIL1ssl9kko5_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ov9lkuXzIL1ssl9kko3_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ov9lkuXzIL1ssl9kko2_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ov9lkuXzIL1ssl9kko1_1280.jpg]

Good anatomy sketches you have here, your linework is very nice and clean.
That traditional artwork is awesome, I really love it *-*

Keep up the good work!
Thank you Yumi! :D

Portrait I did today, usually I render everything like a painting (Oil) simulation style, its refreshing to try rendering things diferently

[Image: tumblr_ovdikjZyUw1ssl9kko1_540.png]

Such elegantly graceful figures! I love how you scroll down all those serious people, and come to a puppy in a pink dragon costume.

On the last figure, the dancer, I wonder if a different head angle would complement the rest of the pose better. She's looking forward, but maybe looking up (head tilted back a bit) would create a longer curve from foot to head.

Sketchbook

Thank you Tygerson!, That pug is one of my favorites drawings this month, gotta have fun from time to time :D.

You're totally right about the head, her body is super dinamic and her head is all straight and stiff, I'll keep that in mind.

Here's some stuff from yesterday and today, still focusing on full bodies:

[Image: tumblr_ovifd3gFC11ssl9kko1_540.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_ovifd3gFC11ssl9kko2_540.jpg]

anatomy studies are killer dude ! and love the portrait sketch on the upper right corner ^^ ! on the portrait you posted 2 days ago, i'd say maybe increase the contrast a bit in order to make the volume more readable ! but nice lines !

Thanks kikindaface!, I feel that the portrait from 2 days ago is unfinish, an increase in contrast is a great idea, thanks!

Wow, I love the way you paint/render :o

It's very smooth and detailed and at the same time very fresh looking.

Thankyou Mirna94!

Hi Guys, long time no see , Here's are a couple gestures and a portrait trying to get back on the study train.

[Image: tumblr_p2pqsvhDoa1ssl9kko3_540.png]
[Image: tumblr_p2pqsvhDoa1ssl9kko2_540.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_p2pqsvhDoa1ssl9kko1_540.jpg]

Nice work, you've definitely invested a good amount of time to learn how to construct the human body!

Advice- You could start taking some longer, careful muscle studies- where each muscle group originates, attaches and what is it's purpose.
Props to you for constructing the bodies form simple shapes!, but everything really starts to come together when you have a more intimate knowledge of each surface muscle.

Also your sense of gesture is inconsistent, sometimes you do really good, other times, not so well.
You could try exaggerating more.
Sometimes when you

Keep growing!

Thanks Hirvios!, Muscles are next!, I'm just re-learning gesture and shapes on body. My next studies will be more muscle orientated for sure.

I totally agree!, to be honest I just got back from a lazy hiatus and didn't touch the human body for a while, I hope to get more consistent as time passes by :)

Thanks again for the comments man, I really appreciated.

Here's some stuff from today:

Top gestures are 1 minute, bottom ones are 2 and the lowest is 5.

[Image: tumblr_p2u5elE3FQ1ssl9kko1_540.jpg]

Gestures from today, I feel like a half ass it today :C, I'm practicing from the youtube channel "Croquis Cafe", they are 1, 2 minutes with one 5 minute pose.

Then I did a constructive drawing from a character artist from SixMoreVodka Adrian Wilkins.
https://www.artstation.com/adrianwilkins

[Image: tumblr_p2vew20K4z1ssl9kko1_540.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_p2vew20K4z1ssl9kko2_1280.jpg]