Wicked sketchbook
Hi guys, I am new here, want to improve my digital painting and drawing skills so please be open to write comment and criticism..

will post my exercises almost every day :)

Oh btw I'm from Croatia.

my first value study on face

Welcome!

Dont forget to squint your eyes to simplify the light masses and proportions. Right now the right cheek is shaded too much and some proportions are off. I would also recommend that you focus on studying anatomy and the construction of faces and bodies. Once you are familiar with that try to apply it to your studies.

Check out the reily method and mix that up with loomis and bits of proko. Understanding those will get you pretty far.

Hey, Crackedskull Thanks for advices, I think I know what you mean about proportions and shadows, will do some studies about anatomy I never do that before thanks again.

Hey BrushNoir thanks for suggestions I had heard for proko but not for loomis but will search.

something new I did yesterday.

Here are some new studies of head. I hope I am going in right direction with my work.

Attached Files Image(s)

colour study 1

Attached Files Image(s)

colour study 3

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey! Great start to your sketchbook! One thing that helps me a lot is to mix up my normal studies with master studies. It can be pretty hard at first to figure out what pieces are good to study, but Leesha Hannigan put up a free resource full of reference for just this sort of thing. Happy painting!

http://leeshahannigan.com/blog/masterstudiescollection
Master study

Attached Files Image(s)

portal to another dimension

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-29-2016, 01:13 PM)Lussios Wrote: portal to another dimension

That's a really cool idea, and nice use of colors! I've had a similar idea for an illustration in mind but I got as far as one comp before other things came up. I'll get back to it eventually. Cool studies in here too. Keep up the good work!
Nice studies! As for masterstudies, I'd say pick paintings that look appealing to you and those that you can look at for hours ^^

Thank you guys for taking time and visit my sketchbook, also thank you for the suggestions. I'll keep that in mind for the next painting.

study  1/31
Arwen LOTR

Attached Files Image(s)

study 2/30

Attached Files Image(s)

study 3/30

Attached Files Image(s)

study 4/30

Attached Files Image(s)

study 5,6/30

Attached Files Image(s)

study 7