OneSketchMan's Training Montage
@V Menezes - Thanks for the feedback! You're right - I was taking it very slow with the cylinders because I couldn't hit all 4 points on the plane. I'll try to speed everything up tomorrow and see how it goes.

== Day 10 ==

Switching it up today! Swapped out box streams for the organic form exercise from DrawABox lesson 2. Also, spiked up the difficulty on the perspective boxes (and it shows...).

Attached Files Image(s)

== Day 11 ==

Today, I tried doing lines and cylinders fast. It sorta worked.

Also, two-point perspective is kicking my butt! Gotta get more reps in.

Attached Files Image(s)

== Day 12 ==

Actually had time to do an animal sketch today. Baby ostriches look adorable.

Attached Files Image(s)

== Day 13 ==

Today, I messed up my numbering, and realized it only after I took the photos.

Attached Files Image(s)

Good job with the ostrich, especially the head! And i dont know why but i really like the way the feather start on the neck.
Your boxes have improved! Your blob forms are better as well! Mix up the shape types though. You only have tube-y forms. See what kind of forms you can make, ex. see if you can make it look like a 4 legged animal, starfish, airplane, etc. using blobs only. Aim to make them believably 3d (not 2d with contour lines inside it).
Do more pages of animals, side view study for proportions first. Like a lot of those studies before you do a detailed photo study. When you study animals in real life, they move really fast and change poses constantly, so you want to master the basic lay in (circle for head, circles for placements of arms+hips+ribcage, simple line for appendages and wavy line for spine curve) so that if the pose changes, you know exactly where to place things and can even finish the drawing at home.

Thanks for the feedback panda and Laco!

== Day 14 ==

Attached Files Image(s)

Loving the One-Punch Man reference :p These studies are great, keep it up!

find my embarrassing old art in my blog
== Day 15 ==

Today represents a radical departure from normalcy, as I got inspired enough by a combination of FZD's youtube channel and the Interstellar soundtrack to try and do some value practice digitally. That is to say, I got a mental image and tried to actually render it. It's nowhere near final form, but whatever.

Attached Files Image(s)

These look god awful boring, hope it will pay off for you. Much like hard exercise.

The line sketch of the astronauts look good to me! Good perspective and all! Dont know much about value so can't really comment on that. Keep going you motivate me in my journey!

== Day 16 ==

I made some more progress on the value painting from yesterday, but nothing substantial enough to post.

For the first time, I actually almost managed to not have a box line point off the page on one of the vanishing points!

Attached Files Image(s)

== Day 17 ==

I didn't like my cylinders today, so I did two pages.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ahhh, I really like the stuff you're coming out with here, really cool ideas! I might try a few of the perspective ones myself. Great work!

DeviantArt YouTube | My Books and Comics

[url=http://arapersonica.deviantart.com/][/url]
== Day 18 ==

I drew a form train today while getting my butt kicked by apartment hunting.

Attached Files Image(s)

== Day 19 ==

Two point perspective turned out better than usual today. Gonna chalk that up to pure luck until I can reproduce it a few more times.

Attached Files Image(s)

== Day 20 ==

To celebrate this nice round number, I shook up my routine a bit. Curves and lines are now one page, as well as planes and cylinders. The vacant pages have been replaced with a bunch of 30-second lay-ins of animals. I'm probably going to play a bit with the time - I might bump it to one minute or do half and half of 30 seconds and 1 minute.

I intentionally did not label the second and third pages, so people can entertain themselves guessing what those monstrosities are.

I used the SketchDaily reference page (reference.sketchdaily.net/) for the images and timing, but I might write my own script to auto-pull images from Google  over the weekend.

Attached Files Image(s)

== Day 21 ==

More animals!

Thinking of swapping out either boxes or organic forms for a texture exercise, but I don't think I'm good enough with either of the two to consider dropping them.

Attached Files Image(s)

== Day 22/23 ==

I came down with a fever and spent most of yesterday and all of today in bed sleeping/incoherent, so I wasn't in a state to post yesterday night. Still managed to get through most of the routine both days, so here it is.

I think I'm starting to see repeats in the image library I'm using for the animal lay-ins, so I might have to find something else soon.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great stuff!