MiniPantsu's Concept Art Journey
Congratulations on passing 1000 designs. I like your workflow In general, seems you really go at it. Looking forvard to future projects.

(04-03-2016, 06:18 AM)crackedskull Wrote: Congratulations on passing 1000 designs. I like your workflow In general, seems you really go at it. Looking forvard to future projects
Thanks! I try to use as much of the 4 years here as possible.. if I keep this up, hopefully I'll be good enough by then :)
Gula (gluttony) brainstorming

Attached Files Image(s)

A couple anatomy studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Ghost progress + more anatomy studies

Attached Files Image(s)

More of the idealizing process for Ghost

Attached Files Image(s)

Trying out some different design directions on Ghost.. I've decided to make it more of a mob type rather then a singular character (something I'll have to decide on early in the thinking stage next time)

The thumb sketch below is what I'll most likely push forward

Attached Files Image(s)

Painting out the updated version of Ghost

Attached Files Image(s)

Some more rendering.. will start the back view tomorrow :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Decided to add a head view to the Berserker concept (since I had it laying around..)

Attached Files Image(s)

Finished!

Time to move on to the next roll.. :)
Also I will be at the same time working on a "Tamer" concept for the monthly contest so that'll be fun!

Attached Files Image(s)

Will be working on an environment concept.
doing some landscape thumbnails in the meantime to get more familiar with the subject at first..
also did some head construction studies (since I felt like I need it..) - will be painting it out later on as well!

Attached Files Image(s)

That "ghost" concept came out lookin cool. I'd tighten it up a little more if I were you just so no obvious issues stand out, like the hands for instance. I think a couple more hours could go into it, and it would be lookin awesome. I like your use of references for it up there as well.
(04-12-2016, 04:23 PM)Dennis Kutsenko Wrote: That "ghost" concept came out lookin cool. I'd tighten it up a little more if I were you just so no obvious issues stand out, like the hands for instance. I think a couple more hours could go into it, and it would be lookin awesome. I like your use of references for it up there as well.

Thanks! Yeah.. making things tight and presentable seems to be one of my largest issues at the moment.. most likely solvable in the drawing stage I'm thinking.. so I'll definitely focus that down in the next one :)
Finished up the page of quick thumbnails.. will start focusing on the actual subject matter of this project more specifically next time.

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketched out the landscape concept.. also added hair to the head study and cleaned it up a bit for the underpainting.

Attached Files Image(s)

Added some basic colors and value to the face.. will focus on the hair and lips next time.

Attached Files Image(s)

Added hair, lips and and an overpaint layer.. will finish up the lips and add darks next time

Attached Files Image(s)

finished!

Now I will start working on the Tamer concept (brainstormy thumbnailing at first) as well as the environmental concept.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some Tamer thumbnails

Attached Files Image(s)