Isra's sketchbook
I’m working on a set of design for the portfolio that I’ll show as soon as I finish them. In the meanwhile, I got back to sketching with ballpoint pen (last ones were in Singapore in July) motivated by a few people around me who sketch in traditional so I do one sketchbook page everyday. It’s enjoyable to relax and take a break from the serious stuff, and hopefully my drawing skills will get better too. I’ll post more pages when I have another bunch, sorry for the bad image quality, pictures taken with camera.

[Image: first6days.jpg]

A few more daily sketches

[Image: days0713.jpg]

Damn, great sketches Isra, your Vehicles improved a lot

Cool stuff. I really like the 14 mech.

Great sketches Isra, I'm really impressed by your dino mech bot series, some interesting creature sketches to.

Thank you all! Lol Piotr, I didn't get the number at first. I was going to add numbers to all the sketches but I forgot one day and never again, I started doing it for that, if someone wants to talk about a specific sketch but whatever now XD

Some more stuff, hovercar thumbnails (though a bit more detailed than usual thumbnails), more daily traditional sketches and a couple of enviros done in 3,4 hours each as a warm up to get back to environments after so long

[Image: part3sketchesredu.jpg]

[Image: hovercars.jpg]

[Image: envirowarmup.jpg]

[Image: envirocrap2.jpg]

[Image: crapenviro3.jpg]

[Image: env4.jpg]

Awesome work man, loving the Sci-fi. And so much work! Definitely an inspiration for me to step it up a notch!
very nice work, man! you've got some great design-ideas. *subscribe*
Holysh*t man, amazing!

Love those environments! I always look forward to your updates.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

So good :D. Love seeing all your traditional stuff to, very inspiring. Need to work on my draftsmanship :(

Goodness gracious Isra ... you are melting my mind with every update.

Steve Anthony Pierce
CD Sketchbook | Artstation | Instagram | Blog | Twitter | DA | Facebook
Thanks a lot for all the comments!! Sorry for the lack of updates, here's the complete collection of sketches from November, a few more environments and Santa! :D

[Image: novembersketches.jpg]

[Image: env5.jpg]

[Image: env54merged.jpg]

[Image: sketch.jpg]

[Image: santa4.jpg]

Had to scroll to the right to hit "Like" on this post - but it was worth the effort :P

But seriously, nice nice updates as always. Love sci fi santa. Loving the environments as well although on the one wintery one where the guys are marching into some kind of cave tunnel, I'm seeing a bit of a problem with scale. Mainly I mean that the guys nearest the mouth of the cave seem to be more distant than some of the cues in the background (the upper level with the watch towers). The one thing that is really making me see that is the tower nearest that big rock that is jutting up vertically - there appears to be a figure in that tower that is messing up the scale of that area. I might just not be seeing it correctly.

Anyway, I love your work very much! Keep it rolling sir!

Steve Anthony Pierce
Super inspiring work! Thanks for sharing.
Haha, thanks Pierce! Actually there are only two people, in the foreground, in the snowy environment XD But it's very interesting you explained how you see it :)

EDIT: and thanks donJon!

nice presentation man! those drawings are really striking, fluid motion and clear forms. the landscapes are looking great, especially the newest ones.
Isra, awesome work! I'm really digging your traditional sketches, those creatures are really cool and your santa made me smile. Keep pushing it and posting this great work!

Ah yes. I guess I saw some noise down at the mouth and read it as figures carrying banners.

Steve Anthony Pierce