Vandrake's sketchbook
(09-04-2021, 01:31 AM)Zorrentos Wrote: Nice amount of mileage as usual! Don't forget to schedule in some studying time as well!
Thanks!
[Image: goblinyesclava72.jpg]

Goblin slave seller, my new piece
The scale of object is all over the place.You need to be more careful and go learn perspective more seriously.Also you need to learn what happen to line vanish over the horizon line... because those window on the second floor are out perspective...

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Yes, im still learning to improve the backgrounds

--

My latest painting

[Image: supermariobomb72.jpg]
Looking good! I remember that from Mario 64, you definitely captured the feel of that game, great work!

(09-27-2021, 11:56 AM)cgmythology Wrote: Looking good!  I remember that from Mario 64, you definitely captured the feel of that game, great work!
Thanks!
[Image: sigilo.jpg]

A little sketch
I would suggest you do more of those lineart sketch with no color and maybe 2 or 3 value the more drawing you make the more you can learn from the mistake you make.There alot of time wasted in rendering poorly drawn subject matter when most of a drawing rely on a good sketch you want thing to be solve early rather than late into the drawing process.Drawing require a good deal of oberservational skil there a science to that which need to be understood.It easy to be stuck in the i will get better just by drawing mentality but there certain more thought necessary than just that.Drawing is actually a really stream of small,medium and big problem to solve .

My Sketchbook
[Image: tarot.jpg]
[Image: animas.jpg]
[Image: purificacion.jpg]
[Image: verdadero%2Bnorte.jpg]
[Image: venomnuevo72.jpg]
[Image: bowser72.jpg]
[Image: astrologia.jpg]
[Image: abundancia.jpg]
[Image: studybrazo.jpg]
[Image: gato.jpg]
[Image: estudio2.jpg]
[Image: gula.jpg]
[Image: manostudy.jpg]
[Image: inocencia.jpg]
[Image: estudioespalda.jpg]
You should try to find more tutorial on how to draw the humain skin.Also avoid drawing body builder exclusively body builder they are good to study muscle but the average joe doesn't look like them of course if you want to draw super hero there super useful.Also body builder tend to put oil on there skin so it not how skin look naturally.If you want to do better study gather more than one reference of the subject you try to draw so you can compare them this help you understand more about light and color generally.

Try to draw what you want to study more than once this help build up your confidence and you will be rewarded faster this way it might be to harder to focus on the same subject but the more you have drawing to compare your progress with the more information and error you can notice if you have good observation skill.

My Sketchbook
Nice updates, loving your subject matter as usual. In terms of improving, I think it would be useful for you to take a step back and study construction more and emphasize that to help give you work a more professional look. Keep going!

Thanks for the tips fellas, i need to do more studies of average people and more fundamentals

[Image: personajemaster72.jpg]
[Image: Lizork.jpg]
[Image: calabaza.jpg]
[Image: mu%25C3%25B1eca.jpg]
[Image: estudiopiernas.jpg]
Legs study 

[Image: catedral.jpg]
Perspective practice
Don't try to start with to many object in perpective it would confuse you start by learning 1 point perspective and just draw one to 3 cube to begin.Right now you don't understand depth everything is sitting on the horizon which mean they are most likely flat as a piece of paper let say it like that.You also do not follow the rule of perspective correctly. For example you don't understand how to determine proportion in perpective.Your line aren't vanishing toward there proper vanishing point.The last thing which also show to me is that you do not understand the rule is that i can tell you have not learn to find the center of a plane yet.

Those are not observation to discourage you but to tell you to slow down and simplify. Right now your doing yourself a diservice by going the impatient route. Perpective is one of the most rule heavy fundamental of art but that shouldn't intimidate you just got to get familiar with what those rule are and you will see improvement.I just wonder who is teaching you perspective because to me it seem there no one behind you to tell you what wrong and point thing for you.Perspective is one of those fundamental that can be hard to grasp since it exist many kind of perspective.1,2,3 point perspective you would think it stop there but no it doesn't but learn 1,2,3 point perspective is still the standard route.So i personally believe a teacher that give feed back will you try to learn perspective is important so you don't pick up bad habit that come from misconception.

What perspective book,video or website are you learning perspective from?

My Sketchbook
I am not learning perspective from any teacher or video, what I know about perspective I learned it in books many years ago but it is something that I have practiced very little, so I did that practice to see how rusty I was, I am currently doing perspective practices in the sketchbook, when I have enough I'll upload a few photos here

---

My new illustrations

[Image: mariocarareal72.jpg]
[Image: luigireal72.jpg]
[Image: buttercupchallenge72.jpg]
[Image: pikachubola72.jpg]