Hey everyone :)
Star 
Hello there!
You can call me Lapa or Patschka, just as you like. I'm new to the forums and am excited to be here - everyone in here seems to be interested in progressing/learning new things and that's exactly where I want to be. :)

I don't have a lot to say about myself - I'm not a native speaker, so if you find any weird mistakes in my texts, sorry in advance.

I don't have a great story to tell as some def can - I was always drawing and interested in everything film-related, but I never really got serious about my art and I was struggling a lot not knowing what I really want to do. Since I have kind of a lot of interests - like writing novels, drawing and film - I tried to focus only on ONE of those things and not only "failed", but felt completely wrong about it (applied for Animation School etc).

Right now I slowly begin to believe that, if I only work hard enough, I can combine my interests into one profession and I look up to artists like H. R. Giger - not only because his style "speaks to me", but more because he just did what he loved in the end and worked on so many different projects as a concept artist.
I know that many of the people working in the industry would probably tell me that it's best to focus only on one thing, but I have the goal to be some sort of an Art Director some time. I know its a long and tough road and I'm struggling every day, but I feel if I dont pursue that, I wont be happy.

Hah, long post.
Looking forward to the journey :)
Thanks everyone!
Welcome to the forums! :D

Hello!

Nobody is a grammar Nazi around here anyway, so we can all enjoy our collective crappy grasp of the language!

Welcome welcome welcome!

I feel the same way too.. but, thinking about it, that's life for every one. Tough and full of struggle. But that's probably a good thing when it comes to art. I mean, if you feel you're not challenged, you're probably going stagnant!

I hope you find happiness in all this. Not just what you're getting out of it, but the process of art itself. There are super cool guys in the forum so don't be a stranger! Chat it up in the shout box every once in a while!

See you around!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Yep - welcome Lapa :).

Your English is pretty good anyway :).

Following the path to our dreams can sometimes be long and difficult but on this forum you will find fellow travellers on the same journey.

Good luck and keep posting :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(07-05-2016, 11:51 PM)Artloader Wrote: :).

Haha! Loader's smiley looks like its drooling!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Thanks guys! Really appreciate the welcoming words. :)

Yes, being stagnant may be the worst thing ever. I don't really know where my path will go in the end, but maybe its not about the finish line and more about the marathon itself. :)

Glad to be here!