Hello! :D
Hi, I'm Ixspen. I'm a 20-something self-taught illustrator that's just trying to make their way in the world...
After a lot of major-hopping, I realize illustration is truly what I want to pursue and hope to one day be a children's book illustrator or work for a visual development team.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Ixspen! Lovely name!

Great timing. Seeing you have interests in creating architectures, there's a monthly challenge called "Crimson Crucible" and this month we're having Alien Architectures. Check out the briefs! https://crimsoncrucible.wordpress.com/20...hitecture/

Now that that's out of the way. Welcome to the Crimson Daggers! And I applaud you for having that resolve at such a young age.. I mean, everybody now is competitive and being young at this game is definitely an advantage. Hey man, sketch on sketchbook, drop by the shoutbox, and don't be a stranger! I met so many kick ass talented people here and they're all just down to earth..

See you around!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Hi there Ixspen, welcome to The Crimson Daggers!

Those are some nice pieces of work there :), I love the architecture design you've come up with. I'd second John's advice about the Crimson Crucible challenge.

If you are serious about getting even better at art then you have come to the right place! Personally I have learned so much more not just about art but about how to study art on here.

I see you've started a sketchbook, that's the best way to get feedback especially if you get involved in other people's sketchbooks as well.

Good luck with your goals, looking forward to seeing more of your work :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

(07-17-2016, 02:32 PM)John Wrote: Hi Ixspen! Lovely name!

Great timing. Seeing you have interests in creating architectures, there's a monthly challenge called "Crimson Crucible" and this month we're having Alien Architectures. Check out the briefs! https://crimsoncrucible.wordpress.com/20...hitecture/

Now that that's out of the way. Welcome to the Crimson Daggers! And I applaud you for having that resolve at such a young age.. I mean, everybody now is competitive and being young at this game is definitely an advantage. Hey man, sketch on sketchbook, drop by the shoutbox, and don't be a stranger! I met so many kick ass talented people here and they're all just down to earth..

See you around!

Hi, John! And thank you! :) Great timing indeed it seems. Thanks for the heads up! I took a look at the brief and I think I might take a stab at the challenge. Also, thank you for the warm welcome! It seems like you all have a pretty nice  community here. I'm glad I finally joined. Hope to see you around!
(07-17-2016, 04:09 PM)Artloader Wrote: Hi there Ixspen, welcome to The Crimson Daggers!

Those are some nice pieces of work there :), I love the architecture design you've come up with.  I'd second John's advice about the Crimson Crucible challenge.

If you are serious about getting even better at art then you have come to the right place!  Personally I have learned so much more not just about art but about how to study art on here.

I see you've started a sketchbook, that's the best way to get feedback especially if you get involved in other people's sketchbooks as well.

Good luck with your goals, looking forward to seeing more of your work :).

Hi, Artloader. :3

Thank you! I think I just might give it a shot. Also, I was looking at your art goals thread and I really admire your organization. One of the biggest issues for me in trying to improve is that I feel overwhelmed about studying. I've been searching for art class syllabuses to kind of serve as a road map for me.

I'll be sure to keep that in mind. And thanks. :) See you around~