Hi
Hello. I'm BastionWing. Call me Wing for shorthand.
This is technically not my first time on an art forum - I did make an account on ConceptArt, but I wasn't very serious about art then and didn't really get much feedback because of it.

These past few months, I've been focusing on building a habit of drawing in my sketchbook every day. Now that I've done that, I want to use an art forum to help me improve.

I don't think I'm going to make a living off of art, but I do take art as seriously as if I were going to.

I hope that I can be a positive addition to this art community.

~Wing
Hello Wing! And welcome!

If there's a way to improvement, probably the best way to keep yourself accountable is to set certain goals for yourself. May I suggest Amit's Smart Goal proposition? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7wJoRo5MdE

Put it up on your deathline and commit!

Don't worry much about not getting enough feedback. Sometimes you have to go look the answers yourself, and that, in itself, is a crucial skill anybody needs to develop.

But hey, people here are pretty generous with their time. Here's to hoping you spread the love and knowledge as well!

Hope you keep on staying active! Talk it up in the shoutbox if things get a bit lonely.

Let's get better!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Welcome to The Crimson Daggers Wing!

Your statement about not making a living of art but taking it seriously as if you were going to really strikes a chord with me - I feel the same way.

I am finding that joining an art forum - particularly this one is that if you're going down the self-taught route as I am - an art forum fills the gap of having other students around you for inspiration and comeraderie (like you'd get at art school say).

Personally I've found this particular forum to have the best vibe for people just studiously honing their craft and helping others along the way - I hope you find the same.

Smart move making a sketchbook already - I recommend keeping yours updated and getting involved in others - as John has said, the folks on here are generous with their time and knowledge.

Looking forward to having you along for the journey :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook