bagenew's sketchbook
/go further with yesterday's sketch,+2h
/revision,memory work,focus on origin and insertion,unfinished and unchecked

Attached Files Image(s)

A little check of the previous one,and one more memory test.Seems no big problem,way to go further then,forms and values.

And more head tests to go~

Attached Files Image(s)

/refless faces test.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lots of unfinished.
2 sketch halfway,one master copy,one egg~
and some brush study,just showing what I'm studying.

Attached Files Image(s)

After another house moving,now there's really some time for learning things.
And thanks to the f.cking GFW,I had to use complex methods to watch U2 videos in this country.
/refine of the previous egg sketch

Attached Files Image(s)

/Boring piece of my brush study,unfinished.
/A more presice version of the previous egg sketch,unfinished.

Attached Files Image(s)

/brush tests

Attached Files Image(s)

/an original design sketch
Long time no update,struggled with some long time study~

Attached Files Image(s)

/Vilppu's hand study note
/a sketch from a pic of figure of the game RECORE,meant to be only a quick brush test,but I tried to finish it as a basic practice - because I found that  even with a master's brush set,still cant do master pieces,so more basics.

Attached Files Image(s)

/Vilppu's upper torso
/free doodle refless,aimed to find out more weakpoints

Attached Files Image(s)

/Scott Robertson Lecture,followed step by step,sorry for these out of focus.

Attached Files Image(s)

/finished the previous egg sketch

Attached Files Image(s)

/Finished a previous master study,from Fuseli.

Attached Files Image(s)

/Vilppu's plevis
/full skull by memory,a self test
/light angle practice
October's learning time total is around 60hours,too lazy.
Will...Must make it better in Nov..

Attached Files Image(s)

\ An update of November.
the learning hours is 70.25h,tiny improvement compared to October.But through all the struggle for a better schedule and more effective learning path,I had some better answer at the end.So despite the poor hour input for my study,I think I will get a better-far better number when December ends.
\ 2 main changes
one:stick to less subject at a time,I used to split a day for four subjects,but I found it could be better if I stick to one,then go to another.
two:make a cycle of several days,study study study and rest for the unimportant stuff,far better than no rest at all and go crash by the stress.
\ And some picture uploaded,I think they're more study notes than drawing practice,but I did copied all the drawings through the vids,far better than just watching them.

Attached Files Image(s)

• The message is missing. Please enter a message.

Attached Files Image(s)

I really like how you try to understand everything you draw, with all these notes etc ;) There definitly is a progress, your figures look more fluent and shading is a lot of better now, keep going

[b]3ks for the reply , Ice Rider ,I'm keeping it.[/b]

[b]December note:[/b]
[b]learning hour 69h total,a little less than NOV.Since I got some work to do the first ten days,it's not too much regress.[/b]

[b]I finished Vilppu's video lecture(22parts) on NOV,then I did practice to learn them into my hand,all drawings and photos are directly in the vids,less than 50 page(some combined) half copy,half photo study,half done on tablet,half done handdrawing.[/b]

[b]Will go on to Scott Robertson's book(drawing and rendering) this month,but there are no figure drawing issue in his book,so I may still need do some practice on the way.[/b]

[b]2017,may the force be with me...[/b]

Attached Files Image(s)

January note:
Total learning hour:90h——the best month since I started this program,but I know it can be far better~
Not so good at the end of this month,since it was the traditional New year's eve in my country...

I was hoping that I could finish one book in one month,but reality punched me on the face.
The progress is shown on the first photo I took.There's a progression chart on it.
I don't want to photo all the pages I did,most of them are just learning notes,only some are drawings,all drawings are copies of examples within the book or vids related to the book.I did all of them because I think most of the time the picture in the book is the best example for explaining what the book is teaching.

Since I can't finish the book on drawing in Jan.I have to make adjustments to balance all the stuff I need to learn in the next months.
First of all,more discipline of course!
Second,continue the rest of the drawing book,and start the new book on rendering at the same time.
Third,maybe I should do more free drawing to enrich my visiual library.

Hope I can make the best hours in the shortest month.

Attached Files Image(s)

Feburary note:
Total learning hour:73.83h——less than Jan.
Finally I finished reading the book<How to draw>,also starting the book<How to render>,about 1/4.
Most of the learning is theorical,although I did a lot of copy drawing within the book,but not enough for sharpening my drawing skill.
Hope I can finish the render book this month,and bring in more drawing practice into learning.
Those monsters' doodle stands for the books I need to conquer:how to draw,how to render,alla prima,framed ink,those I think I'd better finish reading them before doing more with my hand and pencil.
Not too much photos taken,like last month,since most of the paper is just full of learning notes.

Trying to do better this month.

Attached Files Image(s)