Hey there
Wink 
I'm Dr.Chainsaw
I'm 18 years old and a recent highschool graduate, I've been studying art for 3 years but despite having the want to improve I never had the dedication(also quite a bit of distraction from life), my work basically looks like that of a very early beginner even after all this time.

I saw the sketchbooks on this forum and they're very inspiring! I'm going to start one myself in hopes of getting myself to pick up the stylus and start drawing, and hopefully I can get out of this long plateau.

Nice to meet you all!
Hi Doc.

At long last, a Dagger who can help me when I'm having a stroke.

Don't worry about about being 'distracted' with life. You're young and you're supposed to take in life the way you should. You're going to pull from those experiences anyway when you decide for yourself that you'd really want, no, need to be an artist.

Hey man, looking forward to that sketchbook of yours! Welcome to the Crimson Daggers.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(08-05-2016, 12:42 PM)John Wrote: Hi Doc.

At long last, a Dagger who can help me when I'm having a stroke.

Don't worry about about being 'distracted' with life. You're young and you're supposed to take in life the way you should. You're going to pull from those experiences anyway when you decide for yourself that you'd really want, no, need to be an artist.

Hey man, looking forward to that sketchbook of yours! Welcome to the Crimson Daggers.

Hey John, I'll be happy to help you during your stroke but please know I can only do it with my chainsaw.

And thanks for telling me that, I've always been "unsure" about being an artist but I feel like I'm only distracting myself from that goal. I hope to put up my sketchbook thread soon.
Hey Dr. Chainsaw - welcome to Crimson Daggers :).

After you've helped John with his stroke, do you draw with a chainsaw too? Because I would like to learn from you if you do!

My advice about dedication and distraction would be to start off by choosing your favourite kind of thing to draw and focus your studies on that - the sketchbooks here are filled with some awesome study strategies - but don't forget to have fun with art too :).

Look forward to witnessing your art journey :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook