Hello Hoomans!
I thought I would drop a few lines to introduce myself, and say hi to this wonderful community.

I usually get called Joy on the Hangouts in the Facebook group Draw Or Die, and if you so desire, you can continue that tradition as well.

I have always liked drawing, and to be fair, going into that group shifted a lot of my perception as to what I considered good artwork, as well as opening many doors to some new concepts, as well as giving me directions to go further.

I am still learning, and I am nowhere close to any of you guys, so expect a lot of the basics to be thrown at you as well as value studies and other things I get to learn and apply as I get along.

I hope to take my journey further and continue to consolidate my skills, as well as potentially landing a few tips on how to start freelance, or just a job as a character designer, someday.

I'll throw some old pieces, so you could see how it was before, and some studies I did lately, after i joined that mighty Facebook group, that ultimately guided me to you to further my own knowledge and possibly make a few more art buddies.

Let's make art! :3

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Sekiren,

Quote:I am still learning, and I am nowhere close to any of you guys, so expect a lot of the basics to be thrown at you as well as value studies and other things I get to learn and apply as I get along.

I'm like years into this and I still think I'm nowhere near anyone. But constantly comparing one's work to other people can be overbearing, that sometimes it's great to just put the blinders on and work on the weaknesses.

You seem like you're honest enough about your work, and that's probably one of the secret sauces anyone who wants to make it, whatever this 'it' may be.

Here's to hoping you stay active! And welcome to the Crimson Daggers! See you around the forums!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(08-05-2016, 12:55 PM)John Wrote: Hey Sekiren,

Quote:I am still learning, and I am nowhere close to any of you guys, so expect a lot of the basics to be thrown at you as well as value studies and other things I get to learn and apply as I get along.

I'm like years into this and I still think I'm nowhere near anyone. But constantly comparing one's work to other people can be overbearing, that sometimes it's great to just put the blinders on and work on the weaknesses.

You seem like you're honest enough about your work, and that's probably one of the secret sauces anyone who wants to make it, whatever this 'it' may be.

Here's to hoping you stay active! And welcome to the Crimson Daggers! See you around the forums!

Oh, I have much much worse to show, but to be fair, I only handpicked the "best" one i could find in my computer. 

I've been going at it on and off for years. Now I am motivated to go at it constantly, and improve. 

Thank you for the kind words. I hope to get amazing feedbacks, paintovers, and possibly some ass kicking along the way ;)
Welcome to Crimson Daggers Joy Sekiren!  I presume Sekiren isn't your real surname - but it would be a cool name to go by :).

Sekiren Wrote:I am still learning, and I am nowhere close to any of you guys, so expect a lot of the basics to be thrown at you as well as value studies and other things I get to learn and apply as I get along.

We're all at various stages on the artistic journey on here but I've found just taking the next step along the way is as good fun as the thought of getting to the final destination.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work Joy :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Thanks! I hope to share more and get some pointers from you guys!