Hello there!
Hi i'm Anselmi. I've been practicing as much as i can for a few months and finally got around to do an account here. :D Might as well make some connections and maybe even help some people/ get useful tips! 
A bit about myself, I have mainly practised with traditional mediums(pencils and acrylics) but last march i started doing mostly photoshop stuff. I attented Art focused High school and although i didn't learn all that much there i've wanted to learn all about art ever since. My greatest wish is to be some sort of illustrator/ concept artist or 2D artist in general.
Here's the latest i have been able to conjure. Will start posting here more often from this day on! :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:last march i started doing mostly photoshop stuff

In just 6 months you're able to produce something like that? Awesome!

Hey man, totally love your grit. Here's to hoping you follow through with your commitments! Welcome to the Crimson Daggers! Woohoo! New member!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(08-14-2016, 12:50 PM)John Wrote:
Quote:last march i started doing mostly photoshop stuff

In just 6 months you're able to produce something like that? Awesome!

Hey man, totally love your grit. Here's to hoping you follow through with your commitments! Welcome to the Crimson Daggers! Woohoo! New member!

I mean that's when i bought photoshop :-D Done other stuff before that of course!(some digital pieces in school) But thanks and yeah i'll start sketchbooking today.
Hey Anselmi - welcome to Crimson Daggers :). This place is full of resources and people that will help improve a person's art skills.

And that's a nice environment painting you've got there.

Keep working hard and I look forward to seeing you around the forum :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hello and welcome c:! That is amazing o:! I need to get in gear and do some more background/environment studies xD
Espa you totally should do environment pieces! :D I think everyone should
Hi Anselmi! Welcome! I'm also a recently arrived memer of the forums, tough I did make my acount some time ago. It's absolutelly great to have such high quality feeback as you can get here, and I've missed it deeply so it's nice for me to come back and it's great to get to know new people! You painting looks great, and I can totally tell you are into acrylics and traditional media, the result does feel painterly. Considering this background of yours, have you tryied out some texturized brushes? With crispy edges or a nice flow and pressure control? I think you would have lots of fun with some creative brushes, because it feels more like traditional media: accidents happen and they can get you somewhere new!
I think you could also take a look at the idea of contrast, making things look diffenrete in intensity from each other, I guess specially in two aspects: edges and color saturation. Like, making your edges go softer and bluried as the buildings fade away in the distance, and lesse saturated in color as well. The red you used on the rooftops is pretty much as ibrant in the first house then in the last one, which seems to be far more distant. Some bounce light would also make wonders for the sense of immersion in your painting. You have a nice blue sky with sunlight, a nice way to cast some nice cool shadows and play with reflected light. This village seems so intriguing and invinting already, can't wait to see more of your artwork!

For edges, I highly recomend that you check out the blog Muddy Colors! I do love their articles about edges (and pretty much everything else!) I'd also recomend a wooonderful book called Color and Light, by james Gurney, it's such a clarifying book!
(08-18-2016, 05:06 AM)Anselmi Hyytinen Wrote: Espa you totally should do environment pieces! :D I think everyone should

Definitely! They're good practice as well as something I really need to learn ^^;
ManoelaCosta - I haven't downloaded any additional brushes so all i have is the basics. I will definitely look into it and test some new sets! :D (Any recommendations are welcomed) And all i pretty much use is 3 different brushes <.< Maybe thats a problem i should look into also. Thanks for the tips! Overall this painting was a mess from the start because I intented it to be line art practise. I didn't really have a clear lighting scheme or anything. And after some time I did this i realised just how blurry it is, maybe more opacity on the focus points would help. Luckily I have started to do some colour/saturation practises and begun to understand it a bit better. I will check that blog out and will absolutely read that damned book! It has been on my bucket list for a couple of weeks now :D

Espa - Look out, you might actually fall in love with it :--D I personally can't decide do i like environment or character pieces more
(08-21-2016, 09:22 AM)Anselmi Hyytinen Wrote: ManoelaCosta - I haven't downloaded any additional brushes so all i have is the basics. I will definitely look into it and test some new sets! :D (Any recommendations are welcomed) And all i pretty much use is 3 different brushes <.< Maybe thats a problem i should look into also. Thanks for the tips! Overall this painting was a mess from the start because I intented it to be line art practise. I didn't really have a clear lighting scheme or anything. And after some time I did this i realised just how blurry it is, maybe more opacity on the focus points would help. Luckily I have started to do some colour/saturation practises and begun to understand it a bit better. I will check that blog out and will absolutely read that damned book!  It has been on my bucket list for a couple of weeks now :D

Espa - Look out, you might actually fall in love with it :--D I personally can't decide do i like environment or character pieces more

Perhaps! I've always loved the idea of doing them but I have no skill to do them xD
(08-21-2016, 09:22 AM)Anselmi Hyytinen Wrote:  And all i pretty much use is 3 different brushes <.< Maybe thats a problem i should look into also. 

Hi there! Well, I actually wouldn't worry a lot about this. You see, I find it great to have those brushes you absolutelly love, like, two or three of them, and you can use them for multiple purposes. Just be sure they're the ones you are confortable with, because the standart ones from Photoshop don't always feel like that, but it's different from person to person. You can also create your own curstom brushes and they don't have to be ultra-specialized or have crazy shapes. You're doing an absolutelly great job, so do not think the shape of your tool can get in your way, it's just a plus! (: Looking forward to see more of your works!