Hi there
Smile 
Hi, my name is Yasmin and I live in the Middle East; thankfully in a peaceful area. I studied fine art (mainly painting) and used traditional media from pencils to oil paints but I get a lot of art blocks; hopefully this forum will encourage me to get back to painting traditionally and maybe try digital painting. I love color, value, still life , nature and gesture sketches but have a few issues with detailed figures and anatomy that I want to improve. Building a decent portfolio is also hard for me as I don't know exactly what I  want to specialize in within 2D art. I saw over the internet that this is a good place to connect with other artists and people interested in art so I joined the website. I'm willing to start posting my sketches and practice files soon. Thank you for reading.
Welcome to Crimson Daggers Yasmin :).

This is indeed a good place to connect with other artists - it is probably the single biggest influence on my artistic progress in recent years. Being around so many other people studying art is really inspirational!

Looking forward to your sketchbook - good luck with the journey :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Hello! I was supposed to do my usual intro to what you can do around here but it seems to me you've joined 3 years ahead of me. That makes me feel I don't have the authority to school you about anything!

Awesome you're not on the war zone. I have relatives who had the chance to visit UAE and I heard nothing but good words! And it looks beautiful in Google!

3 years late 'Welcome to the Crimson Daggers!' greeting to you!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Welcome! Looking forward to see some good stuff!